Sunday, February 3, 2019

Tailgating with Na Kupuna

Maunalani had a Tailgate Party for Superbowl LIII today. About 2 dozen residents, some of their family, and staff gathered in the Castle Living Room to watch the game. Staff served chips with salsa & guacamole, kalua pork quesadillas, non-alcoholic daiquiris & piña coladas, and rootbeer floats.

L to R: Daiquiri, Piña colada, Kalua pork quesadilla, chips with salsa & guacamole.

My laptop wants to correct "Superbowl" to "Superb Owl" - which is an actual event put on by Discover Owls. I received information about the event in an email because I bird. The e-mail had a link to Explore.org's page of the Owl Research Institute's live cams of owls in various place.
Photo of screen from Explore.org.

Today is cousin Fran's birthday; her Patriots won! It was a good birthday present.

My morning walk was mainly dry! There was a very light mist while I walked. I saw Suzette, we talked about birding for a short while because there was a Kolea that came to check us out while we were talking. Suzette was the only regular I saw this morning; I wonder if everyone else was getting ready for a Superbowl viewing party? Or maybe a Superb Owl viewing party?
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad ate 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich; but there was no papaya, Mildred from the kitchen said the delivery they received was still too green to serve. He drank 240 ml each of the Plus and Breeze supplements.

The mid-morning walk was also dry; it seems to be back to normal. On my way down to the park I was noticing there weren't a lot of birds in the areas where I usually see birds during my mid-morning walk. Then I heard a buzzing sound and looked up to see a drone getting ready to land at the park; that was probably why all the birds were spooked.
The drones and their operators at the park.

Lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Baked sweet potatoes, Steamed corn, Oatmeal cookies, and Minestrone soup. The sweet potatoes were actually mashed. Dad ate all of his half peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he saved the cookies for later.


After Curtis arrived at the Tailgate Party, I went for my afternoon walk; it was warm & sunny. I walked past a couple houses that looked like they were holding Superbowl parties but I couldn't hear anything. However, I don't think there were any plays that would have caused a big reaction from a crowd.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau also to Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment