Saturday, February 23, 2019

Waiahole Poi Factory

We picked Elena up at the Zoo this morning; we took her to Waiahole Poi Factory for lunch. Elena had the Kalua Pig with Squid Luau and Poi, I had the Laulau with Squid Luau and Poi; I also ordered a side of the Ho'io salad for everyone to share. And of course we had to have the Sweet Lady of Waiahole! Elena liked the food and is planning on bringing a friend who is coming to visit later in March to Waiahole Poi Factory.
Elena at lunch at Waiahole Poi Factory.
Clockwise from top L: lomi salmon, laulau, ho'io salad, squid luau, and poi.
Sweet Lady of Waiahole.

I was able to do my sunrise walk; I saw Steph and Lorraine this morning. The moon was still out when I started my walk. I also found a new patch of Chlorophyllum molybdites on Sierra near the park.
Moon, eleven minutes before sunrise.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Thirteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Chlorophyllum mushrooms.
The gills have a green tint from its spores meaning it is C. molybdites, an inedible species.

Curtis had texted me in the morning saying he was "nursing home sick", meaning not so sick he wouldn't go to work but still concerned that he might still have something he could pass on to a resident. I told him I would go up as soon as we were done with lunch. When I got there CNA Frances told me that Dad had a restless night and did not eat much for breakfast or lunch. He was also very tired and had slept a lot.

Dinner tonight was Barbecue pork chop suey, Sauteed eggplant, Brownie, and Chicken jook. I had to wake Dad up; he only ate the brownie and his Plus supplement. Then he went back to sleep.

I started my evening walk at 6:59, four minutes after the end of civil twilight. There was a nice light  over the city. Tonight there were more cars that passed me than last night. Although the temperature was in the low 70's there was a light breeze that made it a pleasant walk.
Three minutes after the end of civil twilight.
Five minutes after the end of civil twilight.

When I begin planning for a trip to the Seattle area (or elsewhere) I add things to my electronic calendar with the time that things will happen. For example, lunch with ENVS on Friday at 11:45 am is put down in the calendar at 11:45 am. Hawaiian time (GMT-10:00). It makes it easier to wrap my head around the hours in the day. The night before I leave I change the time zone to GMT-08:00 (or wherever) so when I get there I get reminders at the correct time so I am not late for things! (In your Google calendar it is to the right of the date when you are in the appointment options screen.)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment