Thursday, February 21, 2019

Washer Fixed!

On Saturday the washer broke; it was making loud banging noises even when it was empty. Today the technician came just before lunch and fixed it in 2 minutes! The Potential Most Favorite Roommate said his overly large load of laundry that was unbalanced apparently caused the motor to jump off the brackets stabilizing it, causing the loud banging noises. The technician popped it back in to place; all done! Now The Roommates will be more careful about overloading the washer!
(Photo & text by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate)

The dry weather has made for beautiful morning skies, though I wish the trade winds would return so there is a little breeze to keep me cool. This morning, as I was on my way up I saw Steph heading up Wilhelmina Rise; I also saw Ona & Rio below the park. While walking I saw Ona & Rio just as they were starting on the circle and I saw Steph by the park. I met Rosie & her long-haired dachshund looking dog Daisy as they were coming up Sierra. Just as I was finishing up my walk I ran in to Steph again; she had met Rosie & Daisy and found out that Rosie & Lauren might have a friend in common! I also saw Ken working on his yard; he has been out every dry day trimming various things around his yard. No wonder his place looks a lot neater than ours!
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
This Spotted Dove came to watch me do my cool down stretches.

Dad ate about 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich and drank all his Breeze this morning. He sounds less hoarse and was more awake this morning. They did the blood draw this morning; they will let me know when the results are back.

My mid-morning walk was also dry and windless, which made it a little hotter. I saw Suzette in the distance.


Lunch today was Beef stew, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Tapioca pudding, and Cream of broccoli soup. It turned out they had brown rice and steamed corn instead. They gave Dad the soup instead of tapioca pudding, so I gave him my pudding. He only ate about 1/2 of his half sandwich and drank all his Breeze supplement; he was also more perky during lunch.


I have done a little more research about collagen supplements. It turns out the salesperson last night gave me incorrect information, or perhaps Vitamin Shoppe did not train staff properly and have the store arranged incorrectly. I specifically said I was looking for collagen to help rebuild cartilage in my knees; she took me to a certain section of the store. She said collagen was also in another section for its effects on skin & hair. The information I found this morning says that collagen Type I and III are for skin & hair; Type II is for joints. The collagen supplement I bought (and used) last night contains only Type I and III, the other collagen supplements in that area of the store also only contained Types I and III. I know the container says the one I bought is also for joints but that doesn't match what I have read. I donʻt know what the collagen supplements in their skin & hair section contained since I never checked that section out. I guess I will have nice hair & skin now! But since I also want knees that don't hurt I ordered a collagen Type II capsule from Vitamin Shoppe; it was on sale and it ships for free. (Getting in and out of Ala Moana Center was not fun; on-line with free shipping is much more appealing to me!)

CNA Chin came by to see if Dad wanted to go upstairs for the exercise session she leads with Korean taiko drums. It turns out Chin also did the Great Aloha Run! She actually ran most of it; after mile 6 her knee started to hurt so she walked for a mile, then ran the final 1.2 miles to the stadium. She has been doing he GAR for about 25 years now. Running.

I skipped the afternoon walk, my knees need a rest after the short walk on the Mau'umae Trail. Some of the papers I read said collagen supplementation worked in some participants in as little as 4 weeks, but 8 weeks is more common. I hope it works for me, I really would like to be able to do the Mau'umae Trail, and not have sore knees the next day or so.

When I got home I did my laundry, which was actually almost 2 weeks worth of laundry since the washer broke the day before I usually do my laundry. I had run out of UPF tops for walking and only had a couple pairs of clean underwear left. Since The Roommates still had laundry drying in the dryer I hung my laundry out on the line. While there I saw that the last orchid Mom got as a gift is blooming again and the last orchid that she raised is still blooming.
The last orchid Mom was given as a gift.
The last orchid Mom raised.

We're trying to get the new kitties to use the Cat Genie. The Roommates have been moving the regular cat litter box closer to the Cat Genie; today it was moved so it is right next to the Cat Genie. Luna has walked in it twice though she hasn't used it. The plan is to not clean the regular litter box so that they use the Cat Genie because it will be clean. It should be a quick switch after that. My cats made the switch really quickly.
Luna & S'mores checking out the Cat Genie.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Vickie, Barbara, Jackson, Amelia, & Darwin!

No comments:

Post a Comment