Thursday, January 28, 2021

Back to Normal

Sort of. My temperature when I got up in the morning to use the bathroom and move my car was closer to my normal morning temperature on waking. But I did not sleep restfully last night; every time I turned over to my left side I would wake up because my arm was still hypertonic.

About half a degree higher than what I normally am at in the morning.

When I moved the car, the weather was a little cloudy. But I did not notice any signs of precipitation.

Twenty-five minutes after sunrise. It's recyclables pick-up day.

I went back to sleep after forwarding the Zoom meeting link from Dad's estate attorney Rowen to Curtis. It was for a meeting at 2 pm today. I also asked Curtis to call me at 1:30 to make sure I was awake. I must have been really tired; when he called he said I had answered on the 4th call he made! There are now a couple more things I need to add to the list of things to do to settle Dad's estate. FYI I think it is a good idea to get an estate attorney involved early on to reduce your tax liability at a later date; Rowen had a lot of good advice about ways the tax code allows for the reduction of taxes. He said it is because the people passing the legislation want to be able to pass along as much of their money to their beneficiaries as possible!

I don't really know what the Aix weather app forecast for this morning; I was not lucid enough to remember to take a screenshot of it after I moved the car so all you are seeing below is what happened after I woke up for the meeting with the attorney. It seemed fairly accurate for the time I was awake. Not really sure what it showed for Kapaʻau either, but the Tesla app showed there was much less insolation after about 11 am.


The repatriation of American Samoans stranded here is working as planned; 5 cases of COVID-19 were detected while those scheduled to be on the 1st monthly flight were housed in a hotel set aside for the program. Those who tested positive were removed to an isolation hotel to keep it from spreading to others waiting to return home; there will be another round of tests on Sunday for people waiting to board the plane. The total isolation period will be 10 days before they are allowed to board the plane; when they land they have to complete another 14 day quarantine and more tests. The measures are in place to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak in American Samoa which has limited healthcare resources. There are an estimate 1400 to 1500 registered for the repatriation program; I spoke with 2 of them earlier in the month who had come here last year for medical tests and got stranded.

 

There were 100 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 25,541. There were also 2 new deaths reported, bringing the death toll up to 406; the current cases considered to be active is 1539. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 82 with a 3.0% positivity rate. 

 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dave, Jerry, & Suzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment