Thursday, January 14, 2021

Rest Day

I spent most of the day sleeping. It was great! I got up and grabbed a light bite for lunch, then went back to sleep. Because of the fibromyalgia, if I feel like sleeping on a day when I have nothing planned, I do it. I have learned over the years that sleep helps keep me from having fibro flare-ups. The warm weather has helped significantly with flare-ups since my primary trigger was cold. My other triggers are pain and stress. Since I have not been in pain, it must be stress. Part of the stress was details for Dad's memorial, part is  being in downtown Honolulu; I don't really like being in highly urbanized areas. I think that's why I spend my lunch watching the Manu-o-Kū flying around in the courtyard.

While I was eating lunch I watched Ask a Mortician's Iconic Corpse episode about Julia Pastrana


I finally got out of bed later in the afternoon,watched the news, and had my after dinner collagen protein drink. I was not feeling hungry so I skipped dinner.

Because I didn't get up too early, I did not get an early screenshot of the Aix weather app forecast; it showed it being fairly dry here. And during the time I was awake it appeared to be dry and sunny! In Kapaʻau, the Aix forecast said there would be drizzle beginning in the mid-afternoon. The Tesla app showed the solar energy production dropping off a lot before noon, indicating it was cloudy & most likely rainy until well into the late afternoon.



There is still a lot of lava flowing in to the Kilauea caldera.


And this evening during the news cast around dinner time there was a Magnitude 4.4 earthquake near the Kilauea caldera. It was 22 miles below the surface so was probably caused by the movement of magma. No tsunami was generated by this earthquake which was apparently felt by a lot of people.


There were 179 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total number of known cases up to 23,908. There were also 6 deaths bringing the fatalities up to 318; currently 2281 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 130 with a positivity rate of 4.1%; the 1st weekly check-in where it is over 100 since the tier system started. According to the original protocol, if the next weekly check-in shows the 7-day average is still over 100, we would move back to Tier 1.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Glenn, Darrell, Sidnee, Jon, Bruce, & Alberto!

No comments:

Post a Comment