Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Water Drop

While I was driving around on the weekend, looking for other places to park, I noticed there was a vegetarian restaurant right across the street from the building OmniTrak is in. The Water Drop Vegetarian House had a metal grate across the front so I was not sure it was open. I checked it out today; it's open! The service at Water Drop was very fast at 11 am when I arrived; it is a one-way flow of clients past the display of entrees. I was the only one there. I got the 2-entree mini-plate which comes with a choice of 2 scoops rice or noodles or a scoop of each. I did a scoop of each plus a scoop of the Sweet Sour "Meat" and something with tofu & vegetables; if I had the combo I would have also gotten soup. I could not eat the unnamed one, there were hidden chiles in it & it was too spicy for me; I saved that for DT. But the Sweet & Sour "Meat" was good; next time I will have to ask more questions before I make my selections.

Water Drop Vegetarian House.
The upper left entree was too spicy for me; but DT really liked it.

Late last night I was practicing ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi just before I went to sleep. Towards the end I was kinda tired and made an interesting mistake. Instead of writing "cookie", I wrote "kuki"; I was confusing English and Hawaiian. I hope this means that the language is becoming integrated into my subconscious.


At OmniTrak we only got 50 new cases today; these are from tests where results came back yesterday. Based on the information on the various COVID-19 data sites, about 90% of test results are returned within 1 day which means these cases are from Monday test results. Most of us left at lunch time.

While I was eating lunch I watched Ask a Mortician; specifically one of the Iconic Corpse episodes. Caitlin did one on Charles Manson; it was interesting because she used it to talk about the disposition of a corpse when there are multiple people laying claim to it. Spoiler alert: In the end his remains were respectfully disposed of rather than being made in to relics for cult members.


After I got home I checked on the cats; none of them came to greet me. They were all asleep in different parts of the house. Keala was on the cat tree, Luna was in The Roommates' bedroom, & S'mores was in DT's bedroom.

Keala.
Luna.
S'mores.

I also watched the COVID Vaccine Update video from ZDoggMD with Dr. Paul Offit; it was posted today so has the most up to date information explained in lay terms. Dr. Offit answers a lot of questions about the vaccines and concerns people might have about getting them.


For dinner tonight I tried a Beyond Burger; it is a plant-based "burger" that tastes like beef. It is similar to the Impossible Burger that we tried at Burger King last year. They appear to be comparable and to me the taste was similar. I think I will keep some in the freezer as I increase the amount of plant-based proteins in to my diet. I am thinking I will try to replace 1 meal a day with either a plant-based protein or fish. Part of the plan will be to have lunch from either Umeke or Water Drop on the days I am working and something from Juicy Brew, one of the plant-based burgers, or salmon on the other days.


The Aix weather app showed it being relatively sunny here today and it was. In Kapaʻau it forecasted drizzle all day; the Tesla app, however, showed it was quite sunny until about midday, then possible a little drizzle in the afternoon.


There were 114 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 23,627. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 309; currently 2305 cases are considered to be active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 138 with a 4.2% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dr. Grayson!

No comments:

Post a Comment