Friday, January 22, 2021

Double Manu-o-Kū

During lunch I saw 2 Manu-o-Kū fledglings in the courtyard! One was in the nest tree, the other was in the tree that the fledgling was catching some sun in yesterday. No parents showed up today to feed either of the fledglings.


As I was getting ready to leave the house this morning Keala was playing in the cat run again.


The Loi's are re-painting their house. I think this is Day 2 of the work; they are just doing the prep work right now.


On the way to the parking garage today there was more police action; it started with a police car stopping traffic on Queen Street while a very large flatbed moved through the intersection. I'm pretty sure it was going from the waterfront to the freeway. The route it was following on Alakea would take it to Vineyard, from there it is only a couple blocks to an entrance in either direction to get to the freeway.

Police stopping traffic on Queen Street.
The flatbed passes through the intersection.

Going up Alakea behind the flatbed.
The flatbed heads towards freeway while I get ready to turn in to parking garage on right.

I don't think the labels at Water Drop are very helpful. They say things like, "Plain Fried Vegetable", "Plain Fried Assorted Veggies" and "Fried Noodles". I think I am just going to have to visually identify the ones I like or, at least, the ones that are not too spicy for me.

I got 1 scoop of each of these 4 dishes.

I also got the entree in the top right.
 

The Aix weather app showed very little precipitation here in the morning and clearing in the afternoon; it turned out there were clouds but no precipitation. The Aix app forecast a lot more rain for Kapaʻau, the Tesla app confirmed the lower level of insolation today.


There were 132 new cases of COVID-19 reported today,  bringing the total known cases up to 24,870. There were also 4 new deaths reported bringing the death toll up to 332; currently there are 1838 cases considered to be active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 77 with a positivity rate of 2.9%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment