Monday, January 18, 2021

Happy Birthday, Dr. King!

This is what I was getting ready to post last night when my laptop froze up. I scheduled it to post in chronological order.

It's not really his birthday today, it's just the day we celebrate the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr."s, birthday. (His birthday was really 3 days ago.) I watched the Lift Every Voice Foundation's 3rd Annual tribute to Dr. King, Becoming Brave. I recorded a short piece for the tribute a week ago. 

(Photo by Donnie)

I slept in again. I am feeling much better than yesterday but the gray, wet, cooler weather made it nice to stay in bed. It's the type of day that calls for a good book & a mug of hot chocolate!

Rain at 9:39 am.

The Aix weather app forecast showed a lot of rain here in the early morning, slowing down later in the morning & continuing at the lower level until early evening. As it turns out it was not as wet in the morning as it was in the early afternoon. The Aix app forecast much more rain in Kapaʻau; the graph on the Tesla showed very spotty insolation throughout the day. I'm guessing there were downpours interspersed with drier but still cloudy periods; the live cams from Kilauea crater showed cloudy weather coming in from the east.

Rain at 1:14 pm.

My friend Lynne sent me an email congratulating me about the award. She also sent me a photo of her cats & some helpful hints about plant-based meals. The Impossible Burger photos made me hungry!

Roasted root vegetables. (Photo by Lynne)
Impossible Burger with Tillamook cheddar & roasted vegetables. (Photo by Lynne)
Lynne's cats (L to R) Iris, Cedar, & Andy. (Photo  by Lynne)
Her newest cat, Cedar. (Photo by Lynne)
Cedar chillin' on the cat tree. (Photo by Lynne)

I checked out the Kilauea crater live cams during the day. The cameras are in different areas; the fountain area is along the westerly edge so in the top photo it is on the left. In the bottom photo it is towards the bottom left of the photo.

From the South Rim, looking northerly.

From the West Rim, looking easterly.

Before I could publish this post, my laptop shutdown. It has been giving me a message saying I was running out of storage, so I have been deleting things every day, trying to get ahead of the photos that I have been uploading.

There was actually an error message on this screen in several messages then it would shut down.

There were 129 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 24,482. There were no new deathe reported so the death toll remains at 322; currently there are 2232 cases considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 95 with a 3.2% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Andrea, Geoffrey, & AJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment