Friday, January 29, 2021

Kai Might Have COVID

I was awakened this morning by an IM that said, "Developed flu like symptoms last night. Fever, extreme headache, nausea." When I talked to him later in the day he still had not called his primary care physician or scheduled a COVID-19 test. But he did tell me that his neck was very stiff; which is not good. It could mean it is meningitis. Today was the 1st day of contact tracing calls I will be doing for him like I did for Eleta back in December.


I had a kale proothie this morning; it is the last of the kale from the previous CSA box. Even after nearly 3 weeks it was still in good condition; though I think it may have lost some of its nutritional value sitting in the refrigerator for that long.


When I went to get some ice cubes for my proothie I found this. The tray was frozen to the bottom of the bin. I texted The Roommates requesting that they not leave the bin directly on top of the tray. And also not to fill the tray so high it overflows when the bin is set on top of it. I have come across the bin freezing to the tray about once a week but never this badly; I had to tap the tray a couple of times to break the ice enough to get them apart. Then I had to melt ice chunks off the bottom of the bin so it would be stable. The Guilty Roommate will remain nameless at this time; if it happens again he will be shamed on social media!


As I was preparing dinner I became annoyed with the utensil storage situation. Mom insisted on keeping her most used utensils displayed in a teapot and not some Martha Stewart-style pitcher; the teapot had a lip that handles of many utensils would get caught on. I switched it out with a straight-sided cylinder with no lip that she used for tools that were infrequently used. I also sorted through those tools & pulled out the ones I know I had thought would have made a previous meal preparation a lot easier if I had the right tool! I deselected tools that neither I nor The Potential Most Favorite Roommate thought we were likely to use frequently; they went in to the teapot.

This is probably the look Mom was going for.

These are most of utensils in the teapot; rest had been used & I could not fit them back in.
The sorting process begins.


The Aix weather app forecast slight precipitation through out the day here; we just got a little sprinkle about midday and that was it until after dark. It forecast more precipitation in Kapaʻau & the Tesla app seemed to confirm that.

A slight drizzle just after lunch.


Later in the evening I received confirmation from Marjorie for the next LCC Vax 1.2 POD that I will be helping with next Tuesday. I had talked to her assistant, Ciza, earlier today & let him know I am available for all PODs so we don't have to stress out new volunteers who have never done data entry, like the women I met the other day. I did notice that none of them were on the list but 3 other people I have met, who are comfortable with data entry, were on the list. In the general announcement the Data Entry group deployment time has also now been changed to 9:30 am to 5:30 pm; everyone else is 7:30 am to 4 pm.

This is what I do.

This Kīlauea video is actually from Wednesday when I was dealing with the side effects of my 2nd COVID-19 vaccine. The still photos are from today.


The LG had a fairly upbeat weekly update this week. He has also made a proposal to open up travel more based on the amount of people vaccinated here in the state. He said there are now over 120,000 doses of vaccine that has been administered here; he said we are 1 of 2 states that have vaccinated more people than those who have contracted COVID-19 in the state.


There were 115 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 25,656. There was 1 new death reported raising the death toll to 407; currently there are 1501 active cases. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 79 with a 2.9% positivity rate.



Hauʻoli lā Hānau e John, Maggie, & Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment