Friday, January 15, 2021

Lunch with Vaughn

I had lunch with Vaughn today; we were meeting to start closing out Dad's accounts that Vaughn was managing for Mom, then Dad. At the time of Mom's passing, only 2 out of the 6 accounts were allowed to be put in a Trust; the other 4 had to name beneficiaries so I divided them up according to Mom & Dad's wishes per the Trusts they were able to set up.


When the investments that were held in the Trusts are disbursed, the beneficiaries will only have to pay for the gain in basis from when Dad died to the day the investments are cashed in, not from the day that Mom bought them. Which could be as long ago as the 1960's! Yikes! Glad they are in a Trust!


This is only the 2nd time I have been to Vaughnʻs new office; I got lost getting there: I ended up at the lobby for the condo that his office is in. It's on the opposite side of the building from his office.  

I had to have my temperature taken while I waited; security guard was OK with me taking photos.
The lobby for the condo complex.

Nā Moku Lua; this diptych is actually in Vaughn's office.
 

I started out the morning by being awakened  by a text from Eleta; she sent me morning hugs! 


Mim, who lives about 90 minutes north of Eleta, also sent me morning greetings. This is today's western Washington sunrise from Mim's front door.

(Photo by Mim)

I made a carrot greens proothie to get me started on my day. 


After I left Vaughn's office, I got ready for my appointment with Lori & Dr. Azuma. I let them know Dad had passed. I only needed a cleaning, which went well today. The deep pockets around the last molars on the bottom is not getting any worse.


When I got back from Dr. Azuma's office, I unwrapped the package that Jody had sent me; it was a book called Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss. It is about grief and grieving; it is very much appreciated. Mahalo e Jody!


For dinner I had a Beyond Burger; I fried it on the stovetop as recommended. The charring did make it have a more meaty burger feel than throwing it in the microwave would have had. I also had a salad with bacon bits and balsamic vinaigrette.


The Aix weather app forecast very little precipitation in all 3 communities that I am monitoring. The Tesla app showed there was a lot more precipitation in Kapaʻau than the Aix app implied. And the photo from Mim kinda showed that Aix was pretty good at forecasting what was happening in the Everett area.


There were 150 new cases of COVID-19 reported today,  bringing the total known cases up to 24,058. there were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains as 318; currently 2193 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 111 with a positivity rate of 3.4%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mudbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment