Saturday, January 23, 2021

Need to Delete More

I spent more time today moving & deleting files to make more storage space. I need 15.94 GB free in order to update my operating system; right now I only have 7.63 GB available. Hernan said if I update the OS, my laptop will run more efficiently. 

Since I had twice as much space yesterday as I had the day before, I decided to try the update.
Not.

I need twice as much space as I currently have.

Today was a Feast Day so I did not use greens in my proothie this morning. I used crème fraîche instead; it was really good! I tried the Madagascar Vanilla flavor.

The crème fraîche is in here, it's just under the cacao powder.
It's a couple days past the pull date but still good.

In order to get more storage space on my laptop I have decided to complete the copies of the blog that I have been making in order to document them. Once I finish each month's doc file, I turn it in to a pdf; which is smaller than a doc & can't be altered. I then delete the doc. Right now I have 2 docs that just need a couple more days for them to be completed; but since I am low on space it takes forever to load them to work on them. Or maybe it's because I am using an old OS? Dunno. Unfortunately I was unable to save a minor change; it looks like I still need to make more space to make it work.

It took more than an hour to get to this point.

While I was waiting for the doc file to upload, I sorted through paperwork for Dad's estate. I have a bunch of things I need to close or transfer to another account or send in paperwork for benefits to be paid. Today I also extended the repair warranties on the 5 Sears appliances that Mom had purchased for another 3 years; it's a final gift from Grandma & Grandpa. I also sent out 4 requests to remove Mom &/or Dad from mailing lists. (For things that were only in Mom's name, I sent those requests out 4 years ago.)


Today was our CSA pick up day. Today we got Sassy Salad, tatsoi salad, carrot bunch, beet roots, chard, curly kale, pac choi, baby purplette onions, and tangerines. Like the fennel a few boxes ago, the beets did not have their tops attached, so no beet greens this time. But the carrots have their tops so I will be using those. If I run out of greens I can always harvest sweet potato greens; we have a lot of them!


I got another email from Marjorie today; I will be helping MRC with another Vax POD on February 2nd; they're calling them the First Responder Vaccine 1.2 PODs. That's the day before I get the 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine; which was originally recommended to be administered 4 weeks after the 1st dose. I just recently found out the CDC is saying the 2nd dose can be received up to 6 weeks after the scheduled date (or 10 weeks after you got the 1st dose); I will be getting mine 6 weeks after the 1st dose. After that 2nd dose it will take about 14 days for my body to produce enough antibodies & T cells to get up to the 94% efficacy reported in the early vaccine trials. (Pfizer says their vaccine is 95% effective; the difference in efficacy is not significant. In the world of vaccine development, 50% efficacy is considered good.) 


For dinner tonight I finished off the last of the sassy salad mix from the previous CSA box along with the roasted root vegetables. I also sauteed a chicken apple smoked sausage. And, of course, bacon bits for the salad.


Keala was playing with a large cockroach this evening. She was also terrorizing The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes by taking the roach in to the room he was in and letting it loose near him so she could chase it around! When last I checked, the roach had crawled between the bookshelf & a cabinet; they were waiting for it to come out again.

S'mores (L) & Keala patiently wait for the roach.

I forgot to get a screenshot of the Aix weather app but did get a photo of the incoming weather via the one of the cameras at Kilauea crater showing the weather coming in from the east at around 2:45 pm. The graph on the Tesla app showed it was cloudy for most of the day.


I want a Bernie sticker! I don't recall seeing Bernie while I was watching the inauguration, but he was apparently bundled up against the cold weather in DC; there were even some snow falling in the early part of the inauguration.


I am trying to figure out when it the best time of the day to do screen captures from the cameras at Kīlauea caldera. No matter what time I get the thermal image it will look amazing because of the heat signature; it's the other photo the lava lake. I did find there is a USGS You Tube channel! I think I might just repost their videos when they have them since they give a great overview of what's going on.


There was an earthquake this afternoon in the Antarctic. No tsunami was generated.


There were 134 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the known cases up to 25,003. There were also 4 new deaths reported increasing the death toll to 336; currently 1736 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu was 76 with a 3.0% positivity rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment