Saturday, January 16, 2021

UH Vax POD

Today I volunteered with the MRC at the COVID-19 vaccine POD at the University of Hawai'i. Alicia was in charge again; Patrick was also there but everyone else was new to the data entry work. Data Entry was told to come in at 9:30 but we started even later than that due to some problems with VAMS. The university had set up a portal for staff & students to register through; it would not let us in to enter the vaccination data. Alicia had to work with the DOH info tech person to set up a new POD portal for us to use; we had to enter all the data again plus add the vaccination data. 


Except for the handful of ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi classes that I went to at the Campus Center before things were shut down, it has been a couple decades since I had been to the part of campus I needed to go to for the POD. Both Sakamaki Hall that I needed to go to & the parking structure did not exist when I was an undergraduate. I ended up parking at the farthest point I possibly could from the building and still be in the parking structure!

Backing in to the parking space.
Looking out at the rest of the garage.

Ulua level!

I like the designations for the different levels.

Lunch today was from Zippyʻs again; a standard sized Zip Pack. I ate in the courtyard between the building we were in and the Hawaiʻi Institute of Geophysics building. I used to work in the HIG building for the Hawaiʻi Coastal Zone Database (HCZDB); Dennis hired me to test canned computerized data analysis programs

The HIG is on the left, Sakamaki on the right, & Holmes in the background.
 

I discovered that one of the fans of Ask a Mortician has put together a list of all her videos in chronological order. I originally started with Fine, Iʻll React to Famous Film Corpses, then went to to the chronological list; apparently there are 242 of them.


According to Duolingo, I spent 4 hours & 18 minutes practicing ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi this week. It also claims I know 339 words; Iʻm not really sure what all those words might be. I need to make time to get on to the sites that have real live people that I can interact with.

 

The Aix weather app forecast rain here through the entire POD time, then drying up for a few hours. Thatʻs not really what happened; there was rain in the early part of the day but by the time the POD came around it was nice and sunny! It forecast there to have been even less rain in Kapaʻau today, but the Tesla app did not appear to support that.

Rain at 7:30 a.m.

 

The lava flow at Kīlauea is still quite vigorous.


And there was an earthquake off of Monterey this evening. The Magnitude 4.4 quake was located about 4 miles deep and did not cause a tsunami.


There were 165 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 24,223. There were 2 new deaths bringing the death toll up to 320.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Karena!

No comments:

Post a Comment