Sunday, January 17, 2021

Cat Capers

Around dinner time Luna & Keala were underfoot in the kitchen. I missed the best photo; Luna grabbed DTʻs leg when he opened the refrigerator door & wouldn't let go. Not sure why she did that; the cats never get fed when we are eating & they don't get table scraps either. They have access to their feeders 24/7 and can eat whenever they feel like within the limits of their feeding windows. They can eat 25% of their daily allowance for each 6 hour period of the day; it keeps them from gorging their food all at once.
Luna, after letting go of DT's leg.

I slept most of the day again. I had a mild diarrhea when I woke up this morning; fortunately for me it was a Fast Day anyway. I was supposed to work at OmniTrak today but I called in sick; just in case. Diarrhea can be an early sign of COVID-19 & it would be really bad if I exposed everyone at OmniTrak. Or it could have been viral diarrhea; either way I fasted to see what would happen. By the end of the day it became apparent that it was viral diarrhea & not COVID-19. In general, fasting for 24 hours will clear up viral diarrhea, while diarrhea caused by COVID-19 usually lasts for a couple of days & does not respond to fasting. 

The Aix weather app forecast rain throughout the day here as well as in Kapaʻau. It rained off and on today during the time I was awake. The Tesla app showed there was a lot of cloud cover decreasing the amount of insolation all day; some parts of the day must have had a lot of rain, too.


The lave flow at Kilauea still seems to be as active as when it stated.


There were 132 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 24,353. There were also 2 new deaths reported, bringing the death toll up to 322; currently there are 2191 cases considered to be active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 99 with a positivity rate of 3.2%.

If the average daily case number is still under101 on Wednesday, we stay in Tier 2.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Kathryn! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo Makahiki ʻumi kumamākahi e Everett & Alyssa!

No comments:

Post a Comment