Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Day 2 LCC Vax 1.2 POD

I was feeling better on Thursday so I posted this but scheduled it to post in chronological order.

Today is the 2nd day of the 2nd round of doses for the First Responders. The other MRC volunteers & I who were eligible, also got our 2nd doses. Today we processed over 1000 records for vaccinations. Although it went much smoother than yesterday; we still got out around 5:30 today.


There were some very nice volunteers working in data entry today; 5 of us were returnees from the original PODs in December. I was strategically placed in the back row in the midst of 4 people who needed help. The woman to my left was totally out of her league; helping her slowed me down to a normal pace so I was unable to keep up with the data entry for 2 vaccinators like I usually do. The woman directly in front of me and to her left only needed a lot of help in the very beginning, after that they were able to figure out most of the normal stuff. I did not have to do much with the nice guy to my right; his wife was sitting in front of him and helping him a lot, too.

Just before we left Gina came by to see if we had a count of the records we entered; we did not. And they did not have the vaccinators keep track of how many each of them did. Apparently there is a little delay with getting final readout numbers from VAMS of how many doses have been administered so it makes planning for the next day difficult. Tomorrow they are going to try it from the other end and count how many vials they take out for thawing throughout the day.

I made another kale proothie this morning.  Don't know why kale has such a bad rap, you can't really taste it in a smoothie.

 

Just before lunch I got my 2nd dose of the vaccine. I was supposed to get it right around lunch and that's what I had planned on doing, with Alicia's blessing. But it started out really slowly in the morning so the 5 of us who were scheduled to get our 2nd shot today were sent to get them before lunch rather than later in the day.

The 1st time they gave us a little yellow sticky with a time written on it.

Today's lunch appeared to be from a different place. It was kalbi style short ribs, Korean style chicken, green beans with sesame seeds, sweet potato noodles, rice and takuan. I got a better photo of the cattle egrets today; they were closer to the building I was in. The same ships were in West Loch.


I also got a more usual view of the Waianae Mountains, with less cloud cover.


My drive home takes me under a portion of the light rail system that is being built from the west side towards town. I can't remember when it was started but it has been a long while. 

 

There was so much lunch I was still full so I skipped dinner. I just drank my evening collagen proothie instead. I have been adding a tablespoon of walnuts to the evening proothie; walnuts help against insomnia and also have good fats in them.

My deltoid where I got the 2nd shot was starting to hurt by the time I got home; an hour or so later it was really hurting. This is the most hypertonic reaction I have ever had from a vaccination. Then about an hour later, around 8 pm, I felt chilled; my temperature was 99.6 degrees F. Which is just a degree higher than what the textbooks tell you is what it should be for humans; but I tend to run about a degree cooler than normal so I knew something was up. About 10 minutes later it was up to 100.4 F, the official designation for a fever. The highest I recorded it was 101.1 F at around 8:30. I fell asleep shortly after that and had an uncomfortable night. The fever broke and started to go down about 10 but still stayed in the low-grade fever range for the rest of the evening. 

It's official! I have a fever!

 

The Aix weather app forecast rain in the morning, tapering off and becoming dry in the late afternoon to early evening. There was no rain at all here. For Kapaʻau it forecast rain throughout the day but heavier in the morning. The Tesla app seemed to substantiate it.

                                                                                                                                                                 

Because I went to bed early I did not do the usual screen shots of Kīlauaea, earthquake activity or storm activity. And I only got one regarding COVID-19. There were 103 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total number of known cases up to 25,442. There were 3 new deaths reported bringing the death toll up to 404; currently 1613 cases are considered to be active. The 7-day average of cases on Oʻahu is now 81 with a positivity rate of 3.0%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Lea & Monava!

No comments:

Post a Comment