Sunday, August 19, 2018

Is This My Lunch?

I found Dad's lunch okay in the portable insulated food cabinet that they bring the meals down in for the 2nd floor residents. But then I couldn't find the one for Dad's guest (i.e., my lunch). I searched both cabinets and found one with no ticket for a resident; it also had a set of plasticware. I showed it to RN Ellie & said I was assuming it was mine because of the plasticware; she said also check to see if it was pureed! It wasn't. Lunch today was Pork loin roast, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Seasoned green beans, Caramel cheesecake, & Garden vegetable soup. Dad ate one bite of the cheesecake.
Is this my lunch? (The main dish is usually covered with foil for guests.)
Yes, it is!

At breakfast I was able to get Dad to eat 3 bites of scrambled egg & 1 piece of papaya. He drank about half of  his supplements.

Susie has been putting up photos on Dad's wall to give him more things to look at.
Upper left: Dad & Xander; lower row: Menpachi.

During my early morning walk I spotted a Kolea (Pacific golden plover, Pluvialis fulva) in a different location than any of the others I have seen so far. It was at the east end of Maunalani Circle on a rooftop; I think the walker that was ahead of me must have disturbed it, causing it to head for the rooftop. It's behavior was similar to the one I saw at the west end of Maunalani Circle (near Art's house), so it might be that bird; I'm not sure how large of a non-breeding territory they cover. There was also a Kolea down at the park on my mid-morning walk; that makes 4 out of the last 8 days that I have seen a Kolea at the park.
Kolea at the east end of Maunalani Circle.
Kolea at the park.

This is the 2nd week of my new walking schedule to get me in shape for walking the Great Aloha Run; I have a new set of routes this week to get in enough distance to do an average of 2.7 miles per day. During my early morning walk I did the Maunalani Circle walk beginning at the upper parking lot; I saw Bruce & Chris at the park, haven't seen them for a while. During my mid-morning walk I added going up the 1-block section of Wilhelmina Rise adjacent to the park; it was steep! I met Tucker & Sujin there today.
Back side of the park.
Walking down Sierra Drive below the park.
Looking up Wilhelmina Rise from the southeast corner of the park block; I'm walking up this?
Path up in to the park from the east side.
Nearing the top of Wilhelmina Rise.

When I went in to the kitchen this morning I found a Waterpik and a case of coconut water; items Curtis had picked up for me from Costco. Dr. Ching, my periodontist, told me to get the Waterpik to keep the pocket left by the removal of my wisdom tooth clear of food debris. I used it tonight, before I brushed my teeth, and saw a lot of food bits being washed out. Tomorrow night I'll try it after I brush my teeth and see how much brushing misses. There are actually 2 units, the Ultra Plus to keep at home & the Nano (with travel case) to take when I go places; another item to give TSA a reason to open up my suitcase!


Happy Birthday to Jacque! And Happy 35th Anniversary to Roger & Mai!

No comments:

Post a Comment