Sunday, March 15, 2020

I Have Been Chosen

This morning, as I was walking by Sherry's house, the Friendly Tabby came up to me meowing. It wouldn't go away and started to follow me down the road. It is very friendly and wouldn't leave me alone. They say cats choose their people, I think I have been chosen. After I completed my walk, I drove over to talk to Sherry; the cat is one of the strays she is trying to find a home for. She said the neighbor across the street has threatened to kill these 2 new cats. I asked The Roommates and they are all positive about me adopting The Friendly Tabby. Sherry said she would call me when the cat was around again.
The Friendly Tabby getting its ears scratched.

During my drive up Wilhelmina Drive I passed Loy who was on his way up to the bus stop on Sierra. Later, during my sunrise walk, I saw Loy walking through the park; we stopped and chatted for a short while. As we were talking, Lorraine walked by; later I saw her with Shan & Lucky as the started back down Sierra. We also talked for a while.
Five minutes after sunrise on Maunalani.
Twenty-nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

They are starting to build the floor joists for teh second story of the Lanipoko house. The new joists can be seen on the left side of the house, just behind the garage area.


During my walk I also saw 2 of Miss Paula's cats. They are very wary of people they don't know.




After I talked to Sherry I went to the YMCA; I had an appointment with Lennon for a personal training session. I requested a plan to increase my upper body strength and keep my lower body toned. It was great working with Lennon!
Starting position for the Triceps Row with Kickback.
Lift the dumbells up to the row position.
Extend back for the kickback position.
High Plank.
Low Plank.
Hollow Plank.

I picked up kitten food, dental treats, and a couple of toys for the new feline. I also picked up a toy for Taiga; I have been delinquent in sending treats for Taiga, who is a little picky. Hopefully, she will like this toy!
Here's the kitten food and dental treats.
This is what's in the kitten food.
The biggest toy is for Taiga.

I cleaned Shelf #2 and the upper drawer today. I found some interesting things, including more things I can use for my low carb meals. And I also found chocolate, good chocolate! I also found some cheap milk chocolate, too, but I don't eat those. I also found an unmarked bottle of Nutella. After confirming with DT that it was Nutella we moved it out to their snack table.
Shelf #3 before.
Its like being on an archaeological dig.
I can use this to add more salt to my meals.
With each layer new things are discovered!
This will be great in the Pizza Topping Casserole!
I will have to develop a Thai-flavored casserole.
It's relatively low carb.
Hidden treasure from Shelf #3!
This is what I broke my fast with today.
But I have no idea how many carbs each little square has.
Hmmm. what's this?
It tastes like Nutella.
Another layer deeper.
This can work well with the Thai-inspired casserole.
More treasure!
And more mystery.
The final layer.
Cleaned out & reorganized. Once the Nutella ID was confirmed the bottle was removed from the fridge.
The upper drawer before.
The upper drawer after.
The upper drawer from the front.

The Kōlea are starting to molt in to their breeding colors. They should be migrating to the Arctic in mid-April. Earlier during my walk I saw the Red Junglefowl; it was several houses away from Maunalani. It is not getting ready to fly anywhere!
The front of the neck, the breast, & the belly of the Kōlea are turning black.
Red Junglefowl foraging on the circle.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Lisa! Today would have also been Chibi's 13th birthday; it's kind of fitting that I was chosen by a new cat on Chibi's birthday. I waited for Sherry to call when she fed the cats in the evening but she didn't which means the Friendly Cat did not come by for the evening feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment