Thursday, March 5, 2020

Low Carb Sandwich Review

On Tuesday I picked up 3 different types of low carb breakfast sandwiches; one uses frittatas as the "bread", 2 use cauliflower cheesy bread (that's what they call it). This morning I tried the Realgood Bacon, Egg, & Cheddar Cheese Breakfast Sandwich; this is one of the ones that uses the cauliflower cheesy bread. Each sandwich has 240 calories, 16g fat, 2g net carbs, and 16g protein. It was actually good!




On Tuesday I erroneously said that both of the Realgood varieties provided the same nutrition; they don't. The Sausage, Egg, & Cheddar Cheese one has 430 calories, 35g fat, 2g net carbs, and 22g protein. Quite different!



I gave The Potential Most Favorite Roommate one of the Jimmy Dean Delights Egg'wich Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Egg Frittata with Turkey Sausage and Cheese. He said it was good also!

The reason I had the breakfast sandwich was because I slept in this morning; when I woke up an hour before sunrise I was not feeling well. I had a scratchy throat and was feeling chilled and tired. Last night I went to bed early, about 8:30 p.m. which is about 3 hours earlier than normal. I decided it was better to skip the sunrise walk and just sleep as much as I needed; I woke up about 11 am.

I actually woke up around 4:45 this morning; my phone made a noise when Kai texted. He has trouble remembering that there is a time difference; most of the time it's not a problem because he wakes up at noon. He texted, " So it seems. Stores around here are out of pretty much every kind of cleaning supply. I was amused to note that despite people buying out even the travel sized hand sanitizers, the cheap vodka and everclear aren't moving." He is located about an hour north of the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak in Washington.

While I tried to warm up in bed, I was watching some videos by KetoConnect on keto eating. I sent Kai a several links to good videos to help him refine his keto eating. It started with a video on how you can eat keto on $3/day. They also have a 4 part series on Keto for Beginners. I also watched the video on Three Fast Keto Snacks.

Here's a close-up of the mug; they are also cat lovers.

For dinner tonight I had another slice of Pizza Topping Casserole and Air Fryer Cauliflower.


After dinner I made the Low Carb Blueberry Mug Cake from the KetoConnect video on fast keto snacks. And it was great! Matt was right! Coconut flour is the key to a good low carb mug cake; he said don't try using almond flour in place of coconut flour.



Yum!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Omiya who is 97 today! And also to Alina!

No comments:

Post a Comment