Monday, March 2, 2020

Weigh-In Day

After lunch today, CNA Jessa needed to weigh Dad; they weigh the residents monthly. Dad's weight this month is 139.4 pounds.


After we got his weight, I took Dad out to the 3rd floor lanaʻi; he wanted to sit outside for a little bit. While we were there he asked about Diamond Head. We also saw the crane that is working on the roofing project coming back in to the parking lot for the evening. And I saw the White Cockatoo across the way in the tree without leaves.
Dad enjoys the view from the 3rd floor lanaʻi.
The crane comes up the driveway in to the parking lot.
The driver prepares to back down the driveway to the lower parking lot.





The White Cockatoo.

On my drive up this morning I saw Paul & Bodhi headed down Sierra. During my walk I saw Ken with Tot & Chico as they were starting their walk. Down by the park I saw Loy at the bus stop; later I saw him as the bus passed me on Lurline, he waved. I also saw Lynette at the bottom of Lurline; she was by herself today. About half way up Lurline I met Laura; I saw her in the distance yesterday. Laura is a massage therapist so I might be switching to her since she works out of her house which would be more convenient for me; I could just drop by on my way home. It started to drizzle as Laura & I were wrapping up our conversation near the parking lot.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Drizzle during my cool down stretches.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He ate 1/2 of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml each orange juice and water; yay!

I had trouble getting warm again; ka makani (the wind) has continued to be blustery. And even though I cut my cool down stretches to only those critical ones for my legs I still got so cold I needed some kī wela (hot tea) to help warm me up! Unfortunately the hot water this morning was only lukewarm, but it was better than the wai hu'ihu'i (cold water) I had with me. But then I remembered, there's a microwave here! Winner!

It was drizzling when I needed to get ready for my mid-morning walk; so I  to skip the walk today. I fell asleep; when I woke up it was about half way in to my walking time. And it was sunny again! Aue!
Drizzle at mid-morning.
Sun about 30 minutes later.
A half hour late its drizzling again!

Lunch today was Oriental shoyu chicken (21g), Steamed rice, Monterey blend veggies (3g), Garden salad (3g), Peanut butter bar, and Tomato red pepper bisque soup (16g); I opted for the alternate meal which was Homestyle beef pot roast. For guests, the alternate meal is only given when all the residents have been served; if there is any alternate meal left, then the guest is served. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts. He drank 240 ml orange juice and 240 ml water.


I think I will skip the afternoon walk for now. With the other things I have added to my routine I don't want to overtax my body.
When I got home this afternoon I planted the lemongrass. I think I should have planted them out last week; the roots really grew a lot over the last week. I am hoping for more early morning rain like we have had for the last few days.
Lots of roots!
Some even started sending out new shoots.
Now potted and ready to grow!

I made the Air Fryer Cauliflower this evening. I used a whole head. And ate the whole thing!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment