Friday, March 20, 2020

More Survival Kits

Since the COVID-19 Survival Kit that I sent to Kai and his housemates was very much appreciated, I decided to send out a couple more. Especially to ʻōhana that are having to undergo self-isolation or government-imposed social distancing. Here are a couple that I made up today; I'm not naming names since some of them read the blog.




My local post office opens at 11 a.m. Usually I have a difficult time finding parking when it opens because of the number of restaurants and other eateries that use the same parking lot. Today was the first day of the mandatory ban on sit-down areas at restaurants; only take-out service is allowed for at least the next 15 days. The parking lot was almost abandoned. 


On my drive up I again saw RN Robin as she walked in to work from the bus stop. During my sunrise walk I only saw LaVie; I will be helping her later this week. She needs to get some groceries but wanted to avoid the bus to minimize her exposure.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The skip sheathing has now been covered.

After I dropped off the survival kits, I went to Aloha Salads at Kahala Mall to get lunch; I want to help keep them in business during this 15-day mandatory take-out only period. The mall has removed all the tables and chairs in the food court area and the outside eating area was cordoned off.


The other day when I was at Aloha Salads staff was suggesting people order ahead so that they spend less time at the mall to minimize their contact with others. So I got on-line to order about an hour before I went to the post office, for pick up about 30 minutes after the post office. But the on-line order system wasn't working so I had to call it in; it was ready when I got there! I got a Kamuela Cobb with no grape tomatoes and extra bacon. It was great! They give a lot of blue cheese.


A spike in the number of COVID-19 cases was reported this evening; there are now 37 cases here. And 2 of them are considered community transmission cases. The Governor is now considering a mandatory 14-day isolation period for all people coming in to the state. There have been a bunch more random tests of people with negative flu tests that are also negative for COVID-19, which is a good sign. And so far we have had no mortalities. But The Doc did tell me that the ERs are bracing for a flood of  COVID-19 positive patients coming in in very large numbers.



Grey texted me yesterday after he got to the house, saying, "Good news, no bit of surprises here. The onky thing amiss is some fertilizer ok the logika rokok attracted sole anta. Easy to solve." Interestingly, I was able to figure out what he was talking about even though his phone autocorrected to Indonesian! Today he said, "On a cleaning spree today, started high, working down to the floor." Grey can come and self-isolate at my house any time!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Heather! Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomānao #21 to Tom & Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment