Friday, March 13, 2020

More Wet Weather On Itʻs Way

On the news tonight they said we are going to be in for more rain at the beginning of next week. This is due to the Kona Low that is offshore to the south.


I was a little late this morning on my drive up so I went straight up Wilhelmina Rise; I saw someone in an orange shirt walking up. I also saw Ona on her way up Lurline. During my sunrise walk I saw Ona again; later I saw LaVie on Lurline wearing an orange shirt! She usually has a blue shirt on so I did not immediately recognize her as she walked up Wilhelmina. As I was leaving I saw Kelly & Abby down at the park.
Sunrise on Maunalani.
Twenty-one minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

More skip sheathing has been installed. I am assuming it looks the same on the other side of the roof that is not visible from my viewpoint.


Immediately after my walk I went to the YMCA to workout. I also went to talk wit Lennon to set up the personal training session; on Friday mornings he teaches the Strength & Conditioning class. I found out Lennon recently graduated from the University of Hawaiʻi with a kinesiology degree and ultimately wants to become a physical therapist. We set up an appointment for Sunday morning.

One of my tasks for today was to go through the items on the top shelf of the main refrigerator; sorting and tossing as necessary. There were a lot of things on that shelf that I did not know were there; they are shorter and got pushed to the back by the larger things.
Before.
Note the expiration date on The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes' jug of milk.
It was a little chunky; he gave me permission to get rid of it.
The next tier of things on this shelf.
I didn't ask who this belonged to; I told them I was tossing it.
The pickled things were still good; this one is also low-carb.
The things shoved to the back of the shelf.
Still good; also low carb.
Capers! Pickled so still good; I'll be adding them to my casseroles for more tast3e as well as salt!
Purged! And ready to be washed and reloaded.
These are the low carb items I found that I will incorporate in my meal preparation.
Done! One down, 6 more to go (including the drawers).

I went through more newspapers; I bundled them up to take to The Humane Society. They use them to line the cat cages. When I got there, I walked up to where the cart is for the donations and found a sing directing me to put it in "the shed on the grass." I turned around and spotted it just off the parking area. As I was exiting the shed, a woman with a bunch of bags was walking towards the area where the cart would be; she turned around and headed to where I was. I held the door open for her instead of latching it up again. She had also not been there for a while.
There's too little room to put it in the cargo compartment.
The donation shed.

More than any other state, we are known for welcoming people with a hug, a kiss, and lei. COVID-19 has challenged that. Kupuna Hawaiʻi are teaching kapu ola aloha, restrictions that preserve life. They are asking people instead of a hug & kiss to blow a kiss, high five, or flash a shaka instead.
UH students practicing kapu ola aloha; also notice they are not sitting right next to each other.

Speaking of COVID-19; Kai received the COVID-19 Survival Kit today. He said he and all the roommates got a kick out of it! And they are pretty sure Bear can smell the dog treats through all the packaging; he was doing his "food dance". I told Kai I had not been able to find any hand sanitizer in stores but I found some on-line and was having some shipped to him; I bought enough so that each roommate can have their own bottle. He said that the clinic Brianna works at has apparently run out out face masks; not sure what they are having people do about it now. Here are photos to refresh your memory.



Sʻmores and Luna are starting to spend more time on the wicker chair; it was Shiro & Momoʻs favorite chair. This morning I only saw Jennifer during my walk.
Sʻmores.
Jennifer.

Itʻs been 2 weeks since I weighed myself. Today I am 1.2 pounds lighter than the last weigh-in. But my fat percentage is 1.3 points higher! Aue!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Uncle Larry & the Palapalai!

No comments:

Post a Comment