Monday, March 23, 2020

Meet Keala!

It has been confirmed that the Friendly Tabby is female, so I named her Keala. (If she was male she would have been Kaleo.) Keala went to the vet today; she saw Dr. Sue Sylvester who was the main veterinarian for Shiro, Momo, Xander, and Chibi when they first moved to the islands. She also knew I was not planning on getting another cat until after I was back on the Big Island; but she also understands when a cat chooses you. Keala got the full work up for new cats, including a search for a chip; she had none, but she does now. She was dewormed, spayed, and treated with flea & tick meds. She was also tested for feline leukemia (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV); she was negative for both so she received the vaccines for them. She also got the first round of her other vaccines; she goes back in a month for the 2nd round of boosters. In the meanwhile. she has the cone of shame and pain meds that need to be administered twice a day.
Keala travels well in the carrier.
Keala and her cone-of-shame.
Keala's shaved belly & sutures.


Purradise Cat Clinic has instituted what they call Cat-cierge Service in order to keep staff and owners safer from COVID-19.
Waiting for the vet tech to come and pick up the cat.

It had drizzled just before I left the house for my sunrise walk; I saw no one on my drive up. As I started my walk it was dry but as I was walking on the circle it began to drizzle, then it began to rain; I took shelter under the eaves of Sharon's garage. I sent her a text letting her know I was sheltering there; she responded, "Of course. Do you want tea?" There are some really nice people that live up here!
Nineteen minutes before sunrise at home.
Seven minutes before sunrise at the parking lot.
Two minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.

I told Sharon I would be there! She was still in bed when she invited me for tea so it took her a few minutes to get to the door; I enjoyed the view while I was waiting. As Sharon started to heat up the water she asked how things were in town; she said she had not been out of the house since she is immuno-compromised. I quickly told her I needed to leave now because of DT's cold! We were each sanitizing things as I left; I told her I would limit my contact with her to texts & e-mails while the COVID-19 was active! Because of the continuing light drizzle I went back to the car and left.


Nineteen minutes after sunrise at the parking lot.

After I dropped Keala off at Purradise, I called Aloha Salads and ordered another Kamuela Cobb. It took me 10 minutes to get there from the vet. After hanging the laundry out I ate lunch; it was as good today as it was earlier!

After lunch The Potential Most Favorite Roommate and I went to McKinley Car Wash to get a safety check for the RAV4 ; it needs the new registration by the end of the month. In Washington you get your safety check 1st; here you get the registration 1st, then the safety check. We got the temporary registration, then had to go to one of the DMV registration kiosks to get the registration; we went to the one in the nearby Safeway where I saw a shopping cart escalator. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate also needed to get his registration; his safety check was still good for another year.
At the safety check station.
The cart escalator.
The safety check cat.

After we got the registrations, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate wanted to stop by Foodland to get a sandwich for lunch. I could not find a parking spot, so I circled while The Potential Most Favorite Roommate went in to get lunch. After a couple of laps I found a spot; the Foodland parking lot was not deserted like many of the other parking lots near eating venues.


Today was my appointment for income tax returns by H&R Block. Michael had not had enough time to complete all the paperwork for Dad & me; I know they moved my appointment earlier and it affected Mike's ability to get everything done. I will go back on Wednesday.

I called Aloha Salads from the H&R Block parking lot; which is on the 2nd floor while Aloha Salads is on the 1st floor. I had another Kamuela Cobb but they were out of blue cheese so I had it with goat cheese. It's also good with goat cheese!


Our 2020 Census notice came today. I will fill it out tomorrow evening.


Today was the largest increase in COVID-19 cases here; 21 new cases bringing the total up to 77 statewide. This is not unexpected a the total number of tests taken has reached 3300. Today is also another COVID-19 milestone; the 1st death was announced. Apparently the man died on Friday & was posthumously tested for COVID-19, test results came back positive today. Governor Ige has now issued a statewide stay-at-home order for all except essential workers; it will start on Wednesday. The stay-at-home orders are having an affect on tourism; there are now thousands of rental cars being parked at Aloha Stadium because the rental companies do not have room on their lots for the unused cars.

 





Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Marian, Mike, Sandy, & Maria!

1 comment:

  1. Pathway Kitty welcome to your new home, thank you Kinuko for being a kind steward.

    ReplyDelete