Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Roomba is Missing!

As part of my early morning routine, I start the Roomba as I am getting ready to walk out of the house. This morning when I went to do that, the Roomba was AWOL! It returns to the base after it is done cleaning and empties itself out, but it wasn't there this morning. A search located it under the couch; it was stuck on a newspaper that had slid under the couch. The battery was depleted so it needed to charge up; consequently the floors did not get vacuumed this morning.  
Not a good sign.
It was stuck under the couch.
It tried to suck up a newspaper.
The red light means it needs to get charged up again.

On my drive up this morning I saw Paul & Bodhi on their way back down Sierra. During my sunrise walk I ran in to Ona & Rio and LaVie on the circle; I walked down to the top of Wilhelmina Rise with LaVie. Later I saw Kavita down by the park and Tina drove by me on Lurline as she was leaving.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani;
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The west garage wall of the Lanipoko house has gone up.

Cody is also missing! At least he was yesterday morning according to LaVie. As we were walking, she told me she saw Roger yesterday looking for Cody who got out of the yard; she had seen Cody up by the Lanipo Trailhead. I did not see Roger today so I don't know if he has been found yet.

I have decided I will clean out the main refrigerator and freezer during this hiatus from Maunalani. Over the past month I have cleaned out one of the drawers in the refrigerator to use for my keto-related supplies. I did the same for one of the shelves in the freezer. Now I want to go through all the shelves and get rid of old stuff; like the can of cat food that I found that was turning green!

Today was ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi day. I have decided not to go to class until after I see whether The Bronco Dude develops symptoms; 03/18 will be 14 days since he was possibly exposed to the 2nd COVID-19 case here. If he shows no symptoms, I will start attending class again; in the meanwhile I will watch the live feed. There is no class next week since it is Spring Break.
L to R: Kumu Paige & Kumu ʻĀkea.

Earlier in the week I called ʻAnakē Healani to let her know I would not be at class this week; she said she would not be there either. Her moʻopuna convinced her not to go to class until the COVID-19 outbreak is under control since she is in the age group that is most susceptible and she has underlying health issues. I hope one of her moʻopuna is helping her keep up with the videos.

Tonight I tried another KetoConnect recipe for a chocolate mug cake. It is a mix made with MCT powder. To make the mug cake, add 1 large egg to 1/2 cup of the mix, stir, and microwave for 60 seconds for lava cake or 70 seconds for a firmer cake.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Maria & Ratna!

No comments:

Post a Comment