Monday, October 14, 2019

Impossible Burger!

On Saturday evening I gave The Roommates a ride to the Hawai'i Theater where their friend Nikki was a contestant in the Miss Chinatown Hawaii pageant. They invited me to join them after the pageant for a meal but it would be too late for me. So they took me out for an Impossible Burger this evening; I had seen the commercials and wondered about it. Why does it taste like meat? It's the heme that is added to the veggie burger. Here's a review of the Impossible Burger. My personal review is that the Impossible Burger does taste and look like meat. But if you're not really concerned that your burger tastes like meat another vegetarian burger might be a better choice.
Ad on television. (Screen shot from KGMB)
The King Street Burger K ng.


Our order.
Hmmm, doesn't look quite like the photo in the ad.
It looks like a meat burger.

When I stepped out of the car this morning it was a little cooler and a little breezier than it has been. It was a great walk! I started out almost immediately running in to Tina with Massimo, Chloe Bacon, & Ink; I just had to ask about their names! Massimo is her favorite Italian name, a friend named Chloe and Bacon was added since that is Tina's nickname when she used to be a professional chef, and Ink chose his name by responding to it when a list of names was read off.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Tina heading home with Massimo, Chloe Bacon, & Ink.

A lot of people were out today; I think it was to make up for yesterday. I also saw Kavita on the circle as well as The Motorcycle Guy's bike; I saw him a couple days ago coming back from viewing the sunrise from Lanipo Trail. Ona was also on the circle, but Rio was not with her since it is a holiday. And finally I saw Lorraine twice on my walk. And I took another look at the house at Lanipoko. Then I saw one of Miss Paula's cats. During my cool down stretches I saw only Mike & Laure & the Dog Pack.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
One of Miss Paulaʻs cats.

Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room having breakfast this morning; he was sharing a table with Mr. Miyahira. I discovered I was incorrectly calling the 2nd floor dining room the Plumeria Dining Room; it's really the Orchid Dining Room. Dad ate half his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.


After breakfast Dad went upstairs to the Castle Living Room for morning exercises with CNA Jay. Later he stayed for the singing by Islands Hospice volunteer Roy. He seemed to be enjoying himself so I left him there while I went for my mid-morning walk.

During my walk I saw Cathy at her car so I asked if I could taste a jocote so she picked a ripe one for me. It's sweet and mushy! She picks the ripe ones and freezes them, then delivers them to Nat at Madre Chocolate to use as a sweetener for their candy bars just as the Aztecs did; they get some chocolate bars in return. (I went to Madre Chocolate with Barb & Mari when they were visiting last year.) Further down the circle I saw Maisie & Daisy, then I saw Ken working in his yard.


Dad was still in the Castle Living Room when I returned; he was enjoying the Move to the Beat exercises with Kiʻini.
Dad (far L) exercises with Kiʻini (far R).
One of the Halloween decorations they're putting up later. I think the 2 small appendages are supposed to be it's palpi.

We had lunch out on the lanaʻi. Lunch today was Oriental shoyu chicken, Steamed rice, Malibu blend veggies, Garden salad, Peanut butter bar, and Tomato red pepper bisque soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but only 1 dessert. He drank 120 ml orange juice and 60 ml water.


While we were having lunch there was a helicopter flying over St. Louis Heights. We couldn't really tell what it was looking at. Tour helicopters flying over residential areas have been creating a lot of concern; one crashed on a busy road in Kailua a few months ago narrowly missing houses and cars but killing the 3 people onboard.


As I was getting ready to do my afternoon walk I found that my Omni-Freeze shirt smelled a little musty. Even though I had not used it for a few days I think it absorbed condensation from my water bottle, then sat in my backpack over those few days. I didn't want to put it on; I washed it tonight so I can use it tomorrow.

S'mores went out to the cat run this evening for a short while. The Roommate Who Like to Wash Dishes opened the screen door and went out in to the cat run; she cautiously followed him. She stayed close to the doorway. When he tried to close the door she bolted back in!
Nothing on this side.
Not much on this side ...
... only Luna.
I guess its okay ...  She was back inside in about 5 minutes!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Fran & Zab!

No comments:

Post a Comment