Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Café Moreyʻs

Curtis drove in to town this morning for breakfast; we had a Care Plan Conference with the Maunalani staff for Dad later in the morning. We went to Café Morey's which is at the foot of Diamond Head. Curtis had the Italian Scramble and I had the Smoked Salmon & Avocado Benedict. They had interesting decor including scenes painted on the walls. The one thing that annoyed me was one of the paintings on the wall that was not hung level; I wanted to go there and fix it but I restrained myself. 




Italian Scramble. (Photo by Curtis)
Smoked Salmon & Avocado Benedict.

We had a great Care Plan Conference with Remy, Alyssa, Kimberley, & Sarah. It turns out we apparently missed one in October so this is the make-up meeting, then there will be another conference in January to get us back on schedule. We didnʻt really change anything on Dadʻs care plan. But one item we needed to update was Dadʻs POLST (Provider Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment). Based on discussions with Dadʻs providers at Kaiser back in April, as well as Dadʻs previous wishes, we made sure his paperwork says no CPR with limited treatment and no transfer to a hospital.

I had to skip the morning walk due to breakfast but I was able to get going quick enough after the Care Plan Conference to do the mid-morning walk. I found another monarch butterfly; there are several crown flower bushes that the caterpillars feed on near my walking route. There was water running in the swale up on Maunalani Circle due to the concrete work that is going on for the new hydrants; I checked the ditch and found more water in it than yesterday afternoon.

Female Monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus).
Ditch with water again.

Lunch today was Adobo, Steamed rice, Succotash, Chilled pears, and Minestrone soup. Dad ate one bite of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and finished about half of his supplements


The afternoon walk started out great, overcast and cooling off! But a couple minutes in to my walk around Maunalani Circle it began to drizzle; I  began getting noticeably wetter with every step. I decided if by the time I got to the split between Sierra Drive & Maunalani Heights it had not stopped drizzling, then I would cut my walk short & head back to Maunalani. I ended up going back inside.


I had  great conversation with my friend Louis after I returned home. It was his birthday a couple days ago; I sent him a birthday text & we coordinated a live call! Things are going well for him & he is considering running for public office. I am in full support of people running for public office regardless of their party affiliation; it is what the democratic process is all about. I also called up my friend Ben whom I knew would be at the C3 holiday party; I wished everyone there Happy Holidays and spoke to several people separately. I am proud of the great work they are doing and miss being around such amazing people!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Michelle, Delbert, Uncle Bruce, Crystal, & Deandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment