Sunday, December 9, 2018

Winter Concert with Kenny Endo

DT & Brent have been practicing with the Hawaiʻi Symphonic Band every week for their Winter Concert tonight; Nikki & I went to see them. Tonightʻs performance featured special guest taiko master Kenny Endo. Nikki had never seen a taiko performance before; she enjoyed it and says if she sees that a taiko performance will be nearby she will be there for it!

I checked the ditch (#8) during my morning walk; it was still flowing! Since the pavement was dry I am assuming the last precipitation in the area was yesterday in the early afternoon; before I did my afternoon walk at about 2:45 pm. Which means there has been no precipitation for at least 16 hours; Iʻll keep checking on the other walks for the next few days to see whether this is an ephemeral stream.
Sunrise over Maunalani.
Sunrise from Sierra.
Water still flowing!

I saw Steph & Lorraine today; we stopped to chat about the recent weather and holiday plans. I showed them the map I found of the drainage around Maunalani. Lorraine lives near Iwi Way and said there is a drainage ditch near her. That is part of the drainage from Maunalani that goes through the Mauʻumae Nature Park.
Both Steph & Lorraine live off of this map; I will have to get a map with their houses on it.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed; his drinks had not been thickened. I later found out there was a shortage of aides this morning so one aide was having to care for 8 people; usually there are 2 aides for this wing. Plus they were short one of the mechanical lifters; it was needed upstairs so now there is only 1 on this floor.

The mid-morning walk was a little breezy, but dry. I saw Cody & Robbie with their human down by the park. Later I met Satin & Alex as I was ending my walk. Satin is a Shiba Inu with a recessive gene that makes her coat long & silky; its a fault for the breed but makes for a fluffy, friendly dog.


Lunch today was Chicken afritada, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Assorted pies, Thai chicken curry & rice soup. My tray came with apple pie; Dadʻs had blueberry pie. We tried giving him the pre-mixed water and apple juice with thickener in it; he didnʻt like them.


The afternoon walk was misting and cooler than usual. I met Roy, he is with Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club; he and a bunch of other folks were clearing the trail to Lanipo. He said there is a hike to Lanipo scheduled on December 30th; he invited me to join them. I will have to check it out & see how strenuous it might be. I also found the last catch basin! Once again it was not your normal catch basin, but rather a grate in a driveway.

When its really sunny there is a lot of glare on the screen so I have a hard time aiming, hence this lousy photo.

For dinner I had salad & sardines; I was told I need to eat more sardines and other fish with the bones in. I imagine it as a salmon Caesar but with kale & sardines instead!


Chibi is becoming more tolerant of Sʻmores, And Sʻmores is becoming bolder. Not sure how that is going to work out.


Hauʻoli lā hānau to Shabbir & Marlena!

No comments:

Post a Comment