Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Polar Bear at the Beach

As I mentioned yesterday, I received a package from my friend Misty & her daughter Ava. There was a cute card in the box. The answer will be at the end of this post.


My morning walk started out a little misty but quickly dried up. The wind, however, remained throughout my entire walk. I didn't see any of the regulars this morning, probably a combination of the wetness and the wind. I was unable to find the Common Waxbill that I put in the hedge; one of 2 things happened to it. Either it recovered and flew away. Or it got eaten by something because it wasn't quite able to get it together. In the parking lot at Maunalani I found a little paw. That was basically it, just a little paw, I'm almost 100% sure it is a rat's paw.
Sunrise.
From Sierra.
Windy day.
Left paw of rat; I assume Popokilani ate the rest of it.

CNA Jessa was able to get Dad to agree to sit in his wheelchair this morning; I found him in the dining room. He hadn't eaten anything and barely touched the thickened supplements. I got him to drink a little more but not anywhere near what he would drink when it wasn't thickened.


Later I was able to get Dad to sit out at the overlook for a short while. Even though he had his sweater on he was cold from the wind, so we went back in. Good thing, too, I was holding an umbrella to provide shade from the sun for him and the poor umbrella was getting buffeted around; I thought it might collapse.
Thatʻs either Dad or Emperor Palpatine enjoying the view.

Dad got a Christmas card from Chris. He brings his 2 therapy collies on alternate weeks. Chris knows Curtis through work; he was a rep for one of the companies that Curtis had to meet with for the Navy.


The mid-morning walk was also blustery but it also became very wet. A few minutes before I reached the mango tree near the intersection of Lurline & Matsonia it began to drizzle. Just before I reached the tree it began to rain so I took shelter there again.


Across the street from the mango tree there was a team of guys cutting down the Norfolk Island pine. It is not one of the ones I can see from the lānai.
This is what it looked like on Saturday.
This was what it looked like at mid-morning today.
This is what it looked like this afternoon. If you want a round tree you should plant a round tree, not a tall, pointy tree.

Lunch today was Korean BBQ chicken, Brown rice, Sesame broccoli salad, Garden salad, Red velvet cake, and New England clam chowder. Dad ate half his sandwich for 25% but barely drank his supplements.


The afternoon continued to be windy but there was less wetness.


I forgot to mention that yesterday as I was nearing the end of my mid-morning walk I experienced a sharp, intense pain in my right calf. Since I had done nothing to injure myself just then I decided to ignore it and walk through it. Less than 2 minutes later it was gone. This has been typical of my fibromyalgia lately. Starting from Saturday I have been more tired than usual and also colder; I even let Chibi sleep with me under the covers so I could take advantage of her 102 degree F body heat. Last night I found my leggings so I wore them and a sweatshirt to bed and was finally feeling warm again without Chibi's additional heat. Fortunately I have experienced no nocturia which I also experience when I am having a fibromyalgia episode. I have decided to hold my walking to around 5.5 miles per day for a couple of weeks or until this cooler weather passes so I don't have a full-blown fibromyalgia episode.

I had a $5 off coupon from EARL so I took The Roommates there for dinner tonight. The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had the Beer Braised Brisket with Lilikoi Lemonade and The Potential Most Favorite Roommate and I had the BLT Chorizo; he had Beckyʻs Sweet Tea and I had the Lilikoi Lemonade. We also ordered an Avocado Toast. It was all delicious.
Beer Braised Brisket. (Photo by the Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes)
Chorizo BLT with Lilikoi Lemonade and chips.
Avocado Toast.

More cat photos; Chibi is remaining fairly tolerant. Sʻmores is becoming bolder.
Can I get some of that?
Oh! Sheʻs going away!
Sheʻs gone! Nowʻs my chance!
Hey wait! Whatʻs happening?
Oh, no!

Hereʻs the answer to that question.


Hauʻoli lā hānau to Dina, Carlo, & Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment