Saturday, December 22, 2018

Vegan Hills

We went to dinner at Vegan Hills tonight. Nikki had the Roasted Caesar Salad, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had the Da Nang Beach and an Orange Dreamsicle, The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had the Taste of France, and I had the Lasagna de Amalfi and a Chocolate Express. We also ordered 2 appetizers: the Au Gratin and the So Hot! Cauli Wings. Everything was good, though the cauli wings were a little too spicy for half of our group.

Au Gratin.
So Hot! Cauli Wings.
Roasted Caesar Salad. (Photo by Nikki)
Da Nang Beach. (Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate).
Taste of France. (Photo by The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes)
Lasagna de Amalfi.
L to R: Chocolate Express, Orange Dreamsicle.
Cacao nibs on top of Chocolate Express.
They have an inclusive bathroom.

During my morning walk I met Steph up on Maunalani Circle, today she turned around and walked with me on my normal route, making a counterclockwise loop on the parts of our route that are the same. Although I had seen Lorraine when I was driving up with Barbara, Steph & I did not see her today as we were walking.
Morning on Maunalani.
From Sierra.

I also saw Suzette later in my walk. Her landlord has been trying to sell the main house & ʻohana rental unit for a few months now and it was looking like there was a buyer & the sale would be wrapped up by the end of the year; unfortunately that fell through. Her landlord says she can stay in the ʻohana unit until further notice; they need the income from her rent since the main house has been vacant for a couple of months now. Dear friends stuck in cold places, click here if you're interested in buying a house with a view in a warmer climate!
Living room with a view. (Photo from Zillow)

Dad was asleep with his breakfast in front of him when I arrived. He only ate 2 bites of scrambled egg and finished off half his supplements. Since they want to keep his weight closer to 130 pounds, we are not pushing him to finish both the Boost Breeze and Boost Plus at each meal.

My mid-morning walk was very pleasant, not too hot and not too cold or windy.


Lunch today was Chicken Florentine, Angel hair pasta, Lemon butter broccoli, Tossed salad, Pineapple cheesecake, and Tomato Florentine soup. Dad ate about half his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and a couple bites of his pineapple cheesecake.


My afternoon walk was hotter than either of the others. As I was coming up Lurline I was following a guy walking a smallish wire-haired dog; the bandage on his right calf was leaking several lines of blood. I caught up with him and mentioned it. Matthew said an hour or so earlier when he was at Kahala Mall he had gone up to talk to a man who walks about 10 dogs and the dogs attacked him; I had noticed that he had several other bandages on his legs. Bo Derek, the little wire-haired dog, lives on Lurline with a bunch of other dogs that I have seen before. Matthew helps their humans Brad & Lisa by walking them. I'm sure I'll see them on other walks.


After we got back from dinner I cleaned out the corner where The Roommates want to put the Christmas tree up; I think the caffeine & theobromine in the Chocolate Express may have gotten me a little wired! (I failed to notice that there was a double shot of espresso in it before I consumed it!) While cleaning up I found a couple things written by Mom and Dad; the one by Mom was after she started having problems with dementia and the one by Dad was before the dementia.
Before.
During, the "after" will be when the tree is up.
Mom's note to herself.
Dad was still functioning very well in 2010.

S'mores is learning about the Deebot robot vacuum cleaner. I wonder if The Roommates are going to try to train her to ride around on the Deebot?


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Noel, Leslie, & Rae! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo #6 to Brienne & Dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment