Wednesday, December 12, 2018

L & L Mapunapuna

Curtis had to take his car in for servicing today; apparently the computer also needed to be upgraded so he had to leave it for a while. So we did breakfast this morning at a place near the service center. We went to the L & L Barbecue in Mapunapuna; it has a breakfast menu as well as a hot entree table. Curtis had the Meat and Two Eggs with Rice breakfast and I had the Lup Cheong Omelette. After breakfast I dropped him off at Lori's work place where he picked up her car to get back home; he didn't go to Maunalani today.

Meat and Two Eggs with Rice. Not really, its Portuguese sausage and 2 eggs with toast.
Lup Cheong Omelette.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed but had not touched a thing. He also didn't want to drink the thickened supplements. I talked to RN Sierra about trying to balance his coughing with needing to get fluids and nutrients in him. We have stopped the thickened liquids and are just offering it without a straw, as well as working with him to tuck his chin to keep his throat open as he swallows.

Maunalani puts up a lot of displays for various celebrations. This month the set up a little village for Christmas; the cable cars in this set-up actually work!


The mid-morning walk was my first walk of the day since we had gone out to breakfast; it was hotter than it has been but it was also drier than it has been. I checked out the ditch again; it was still flowing. But it hasnʻt really stopped raining longer than it has previously so I donʻt know any more about it. I also made some measurements so I can start designing the plan for replacement of the invasive fern.


Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Peas & carrots, Garden salad, Macaroon bar, and Chicken gumbo soup.


I started my afternoon walk a little earlier than usual since I had to leave a little earlier than usual for a dental appointment. The ditch still had water in it, but it was now carrying sediment like the ones welling up from under the road.

Ditch with sediment.

I went to see Dr. Azuma this afternoon to replace the last of my 6 fillings that I needed to fix. I now no longer have any silver amalgam fillings in my mouth. Yay! No more mercury leaching into my body! Iʻll have to pay attention to see how I feel since mercury exposure has been linked to both fibromyalgia and chornic fatigue syndrome.
Before. (Photo from Dr. Azuma's office)
During; some filling still needs to be removed plus decayed spots also need to be removed. (Photo from Dr Azuma's office)
After; filled with composite. (Photo from Dr. Azuma's office)

Because my mouth is so small the drill edge also nicked the inside of my cheek. I decided to eat soft bland stuff for dinner to keep from irritating it; I decided on pork & beans. Did you know one can is supposed to contain 3&1/2 half cup servings? I ate the whole can.

I had to rescue Chibi from S'mores when I got home; it was raining so Chibi didn't want to go outside in the cat run. So I let her in my room and closed the door so S'mores couldn't get in.

Hauʻoli lā hānau to Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment