Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Holiday Treats

This morning Kristie dropped by Dad's room and dropped off a small bag of Chex mix in a festive holiday-themed bag. I gave some to Dad with his breakfast and he ate it! Winner! Especially since he only ate a couple pieces of papaya but none of the rest of his breakfast. I don't know where she & Shirley get the time to do things like make the Chex mix or little Christmas trees! I just go home, eat dinner, take a shower,watch the news, and crawl in to bed. Sometimes I play with the cats. For very special occasions I bake rolls & cookies, but only 1 batch each.
The bag of Chex mix that Kristie made is in the center foreground; to the right of it is the tree Shirley made.

My morning walk started a little wet; I again waited about 5 minutes for the rain squall to pass. It did but it drizzled on me for about the first 5 minutes or so; the worst part, though, was the wind. It was very windy; the wind chill was making me cold even with walking. And the portable toilet down at the bottom of Lurline got blown over. The only regulars I saw were Mike & Dulci; no one else was out today. In fact, there were only 2 other walkers and no construction people around during my morning walk.
Looking through wet windshield at wet chicken in the wet parking lot under wet trees.
Sunrise on Maunalani Circle.
From Sierra Drive.
Not a bad prank, just strong wind gusts; it used to be on the wooden blocks.

The sun came out for the mid-morning walk but the precip did not; the wind, however, was still very gusty. There were no other walkers out during this walk but the construction workers were starting to show up towards the end of my walk. The portable toilet had been set back up in its upright position. I also checked out the ditch and it had more water than yesterday.


On my mid-morning walk I also found a rat that had been flattened since my morning walk. I think because of the wetness and the tires it was disintegrating faster than usual. Normally things get flattened and dry out to be come road frisbees. Watching their progress on the road is kind of like a body farm, only faster; I have never seen the 5 stages of decomposition. And there are very few insects.


Lunch today was Honey glazed chicken, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetables, Tossed salad, Chocolate cake, and French onion soup. I am probably not going to show a weight loss this week; I ate the cake, last night I had ice cream, and on Sunday I had a multitude of desserts! Dad ate all of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and half of the chocolate cake; he drank all of the supplements.


The afternoon walk was like the mid-morning walk, sunny, dry, and gusty. The construction crews were cleaning up for the day.


DT has accepted a position at Saint Louis School as their band director; he starts on January 7th. Over the next couple of weeks he has to organize the band room and develop teaching plans. He will commute for a couple of weeks to see how that is; he might end up moving in with us at Dad's house.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Santiago!

No comments:

Post a Comment