Monday, December 3, 2018

Dad Gets An X-ray

Just as Dad began to eat lunch, Erik from Aloha Pacific Mobile Imaging arrived to do a chest x-ray. Dr. Gries had come in this morning and ordered one after listening to Dad's lungs. Dr. Gries also left orders for the CNAs to wash his eyelids with baby shampoo twice a day for the next week. The results for the x-ray were back before I left; good news, his lungs are clear!
Dad getting an x-ray in bed. I'm glad they have worked out a way to do it without having to take him to a hospital.

Today Kai & I were at Curtis' house at 6:30 am; we were headed to Waianae for breakfast at the Countryside Cafe. We had seen their ads on TV so we decided to try them out; we also tried last week but there was a big accident that created a traffic jam so we went somewhere else. We made it to Waianae this week. Curtis had the Westside Omelet, Kai had Da Bruddah Breakfast, and I had the Teri Chicken Kim Chee Fried Rice with a side order of Lilikoi Biscuits. Kai said the coffee was good & strong!

Two mugs of good, strong coffee.


Westside Omelet. (Photo by Curtis)
Da Bruddah Breakfast. (Photo by Kai)
Teri Chicken Kim Chee Fried Rice.
Lilikoi Biscuits.

On the way back I dropped Kai off at the airport; his vacation in Hawai'i had come to an end. He was there about 3 hours before his plane was to take off so it wasn't too early; he also had a backpack full of Mercedes Lackey novels. Besides, he also had some breakfast leftovers to eat on the plane!

I got up to Maunalani about 15 minutes before my mid-morning walk usually starts so I started a little early. I didn't see any regulars. But I did see a confused male Saffron Finch attacking its reflection in the side mirror of a car.
Add caption
Saffron Finch (Sicalis flaveola).

Lunch today was Oriental shoyu chicken, Steamed rice, Malibu blend veggies, Garden salad, Peanut butter bar, and Tomato red pepper bisque soup.


It was misting lightly as I started my afternoon walk and continued for the first half of it. I had talked to Czar before I left; I needed information for the parade on Thursday evening. The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes will be Santa Claus, Nikki & I will be walking along with the Maunalani staff & some other family members.


S'mores is trying hard to make Chibi notice her. Today she kept stalking Chibi while she was trying to eat. Later she tried to ambush Chibi while she was trying to go out the cat door. Chibi finally had enough and escaped when S'mores scampered off.

What do you want?

Happy Birthday to Stacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment