Thursday, December 13, 2018

CGS+ Conditional Approval Received!

Yay! I found out last night that my Customer Grid-Supply Plus application for a 4.64kW Solar Electric System for the Kohala house has received conditional approval from HELCO! ProVision Solar anticipates installation will occur in April 2019, but weʻll have a better idea as we get closer and they see how other projects ahead of me are going. The type of system being installed includes a Tesla Powerwall; during the day excess power is stored in the battery. Later at night the excess is sent back to the grid; at the end of the month I get a credit for whatever was sent to the grid. (Okay, so maybe I shouldn't be getting so excited about getting in to debt. But I've always been a proponent of solar. It is the pono thing to do.)


During my morning walk I saw Steph and Mike & Dulci. Mike & Dulci are part of the Dog Pack; usually I just say "Good Morning" because they are having a conversation among themselves. But today it was just Mike & Dulci so I stopped to introduce myself.
Sunrise on Maunalani.
Sunrise from Sierra.

I was going to go to The Plant Place after my morning walk. But when I pulled up the Google Map it said, "CLOSED TODAY". My bad. Originally I had planned on going there on Friday, which the website showed it being opened. When Curtis & I had to change to Thursday I did not check again to see if it was open. Auwe! I will just resort to calling tomorrow; if they have any hāpuʻu I will make a trip next week to check on it. I did laundry instead. It looks like I have another caterpillar attacking my sweet potato plants again.


During my mid-morning walk I checked on the ditch again; it was till flowing. But it was clear again, no sediment in it today. The flow was also a little less than yesterday. I also rescued a Monarch Butterfly that was sitting in the middle of the road exercising its wings.

Female Monarch Butterfly (Danaus plexippus).

My afternoon walk was dry and breezy. Not much new to report except that the Kolea at the park seemed to be very nervous; even though I was passing by on the road about 20 feet away they flew into the air and called as they left the park. Today I realized that the Norfolk Island pine that was being cut down the other day is the one that I used to walk in the shadow of when I crossed the road.


Dinner tonight was Herb roasted turkey, Mashed potatoes, Normandy blend veggies, Devilʻs food cake, Roasted garlic soup, and Brown gravy. Obviously this is not a photo of turkey & mashed potatoes. There was a glitch in the ordering & no dinner arrived for me, so CNA Chivas went up to get me a dinner and found that they had closed down the serving line already. He came back with 2 egg salad sandwiches, which are always available for the residents 24/7.


I had to rescue Chibi last night. S'mores was being very relentless with her playing and wouldn't leave Chibi alone. And it was raining so Chibi didn't want to go out in to the cat run to get away from S'mores. I let her stay in my bedroom to get some peace & quiet.

Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo to Clarissa & John on Year #4! They were married on 12/13/14 at 15:16!

No comments:

Post a Comment