Thursday, December 20, 2018

Santa Visits Dad!

Santa Claus was making the rounds at Maunalani today. Dad got his picture taken with Santa; I'm not sure if he asked Santa for anything special for Christmas.


Today my morning walk was less wet and less windy than yesterday. It was still cooler than it has been, but the wind chill was less today. I saw Steph and the Dog Pack this morning; the road construction workers were just starting to arrive as I finished my walk. When I got to Maunalani Dad was sitting in bed, asleep in front of his food.
Morning on Maunalani.
From Sierra.

The rat I saw yesterday was even more disintegrated this morning. It is becoming more difficult to tell it was a mammal and not a bird.


During my mid-morning walk it was misting under a sunny, blue sky! I could not figure out where the tiny droplets were coming from since there was also not much wind either. The temperature had warmed up some also, unlike last night when I was so cold I had to take a hot shower to get warm again.


I found out more information about Gordon; he's the one that walks to Maunalani from Iolani School which is 3.5 miles. He had a shirt on that said "Walking Project 1995", so I asked him about it. Turns out it is not about people walking around, it is a competition for walking robots; he used to be an advisor for a high school team that competed in the events.

Lunch today was Furikake salmon, Steamed rice, Mixed vegetables, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Egg drop soup. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and 1/4 of his brownie today, which means he has eaten a bunch of food 2 days in a row!


My afternoon walk was sunny and dry but still relatively cool. They are taking away more of the heavy equipment that they have been using; it looks like the construction is winding down.


Tonight the Kokua Market held a members meeting to update people on what is happening. They are looking at a few stopgap measures while they redefine a business plan and put other things in place to keep the co-op operational. One of the items is a CSA box so that their fresh produce vendors know they are getting paid and members are getting their fresh produce. They are also trying to find someone to help in the deli with cooking.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jacqueline!

No comments:

Post a Comment