Saturday, December 1, 2018

Christmas Lights

Kai & I went over to help Lori and the boys put up their Christmas lights. We stayed for dinner after that.
The 1st part of the light banner's message.
The guardians at the front door.

This morning there was a large cloud blocking the sun so most of my walk was fairly cool. Although I was a little late, I saw Steph & Lorraine on Maunalani Circle as well as later on Lurline. I took a photo of the 2 houses that are being worked on; the remodel on Matsonia and the reconstrucion on Lurline.


Matsonia house remodel.
Lurline house construction.

Dad had not touched his breakfast but drank most of his supplements. He had a coughing fit when he tried to drink the juice and swallowed wrong; he's been having these more frequently, I think I will ask them to do another evaluation on his swallowing.

This was the most active mid-morning walk that I have had in a long while! I saw LaVie & Suzette as I was starting down Sierra, then I saw Suzette again as I was returning to Maunalani. Near the park I helped 2 women parked on the side of the road who were trying to find Maunalani; then as I was doing my cool down stretches out on the 2nd floor lanai I helped a couple and a man with figuring out how to get in to the building on the weekend from the lower parking lot.


Speaking of the weekend, on my way in this morning I went up Lurline to avoid the construction work on Sierra since I was a little late. I got up to the intersection with Maunalani Circle & there was no activity! I realized then that it was Saturday! Auwe!

Lunch today was Sweet Dijon Basa, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad's lunch came with a pureed Mandarin orange cake, not sure why since his meal notes say "chopped".


During my afternoon walk the sun was at just the right angle for me to really notice a large hole in the wall of a house near the bottom end of Lurline. I looked on the other side and saw a square, concrete ditch. It looked strange for that large a ditch, about 3' x 5', to be necessary to carry water running off the road through a 12" diameter hole. I leaned further over the wall and saw that there was a box culvert under the road; I will have to investigate further to see where it comes from. I also saw LaVie standing by the side of the road, waiting for Suzette to come by and pick her up to go shopping.

Hole in the wall.
The ditch on the other side of the wall.

Chibi seems intent on ignoring S'mores. This afternoon S'mores tried to play attack Chib; who hissed at her then proceeded to go through the cat door out to the cat run. S'mores is still too small to open the cat door so Chibi can have some peace & quiet out in the cat run. Its a good thing Chibi likes the cat run!

Happy Birthday to Paul! (A different Paul, not the one from yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment