Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Aloha 'Oe, Nikki!

Tonight Nikki left. To go back to Michigan and 20 degree weather. She has 3 stops before she gets back home. Once she lands its about a half hour drive home for her. We enjoyed hosting her and will miss her, but I'm sure she will be glad to get home and back to her family.

Nikki gave us some flowers, vegan chocolate chip cookies, and a card with a cute kitten on the front. Yup, she picked up on the fact the we like chocolate chip cookies and cats!

I was feeling good enough to do my morning walk. So I did; it was a tai chi slow walk. And I even cut it short, too, I skipped the circle and only did the Lurline loop. It was tough. I saw a mejiro and tried to get a good photo; they move around so fast. I also noticed that the flowers on the vine I saw the other week were larger; I'll keep watching them to see what they look like when they open up.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Two minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
This is the best photo I could get of the Mejiro (Zosterops japonicus).
Vine.

I ran the Deebot in the family room, kitchen, and dining room today. Both Luna and Chibi were fairly relaxed about it. S'mores was acting like it was a new toy! I think she might end up being one of those cats that ride on robot vacuums.


I also did a quick & dirty fix on the Deebot. It has been having problems with traction; I added a piece of blue tape to each of the wheels. It helped.


I also did a load of laundry. While out back I checked up on the rat; it is becoming more difficult to tell what it was. If it was in contact with soil rather than the cinders it would probably be more decomposed.


I forgot to mention that Sunday was the 1st anniversary of the false missile alarm. the headline said "38 Minutes of Terror". If people were paying attention to what Civil Defense was saying the people who were panicked and "terrorized" would have only been that way for 12 minutes, the amount of time they say the missiles from North Korea would take to get here after they had determined that they were headed this way. Give or take a couple of minutes. After those 12 minutes you would know it was a fake alert!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mudbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment