Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Errands

I got up at the usual time to do my morning walk. I picked Barbara up at the bus stop and dropped her off in the parking lot; I had seen Steph walking on the hill near her house but I never ran across her during my walk. I didn't see any other regulars. I saw Red-vented Bulbuls in the top of the African Tulip Tree along with the Common Mynas.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Common Mynas drinking nectar from African Tulip Tree flower.
Saffron Finch; eBird says I need to comment on these because they are uncommon. I noted they like to hang out in this area.
Not sure what this is. Maybe a type of honeysuckle? Do you know what it is? Comment if you do.

After my walk I went to McKinley Car Wash to get a safety check for the Subaru. It turns out that, because the registration expired at the end of December, I needed to get the interim safety check sticker, then go to City Hall to get the registration updated, then I returned to McKinley Car Wash to get the actual safety check sticker. It took about 2 hours total to get everything done. Now my registration and safety check are on the same schedule; previously the safety check expired in September. The lines for the car wash were all the way out to the street; I'll get the Subaru washed on another day.

On the way back I tried to stop at Kinko's to make copies of the restoration plan. But the parking lot was full and a line of cars turning in was stuck out on the road. I pulled out of the line and went home. I used the bathroom & picked up my water bottle which I had forgotten on my morning walk, then went up to Maunalani to do my mid-morning walk. I saw LaVie and Kila on my way up. As I was wrapping up my cool down stretches I heard the sound of sirens again. I could see them coming up Wilhelmina Rise. I waited for them to pull in to the parking lot before trying to leave. I wonder who it is this time?

Ambulance coming up Wilhelmina Rise.
Here comes the fire engine.
They head down to the main entrance.

I made a quick run to Petco to test out Andrew's statement that they would take back any cat food Chibi wouldn't eat & refund the cost. He said if the can was opened put it in a ziploc bag & bring it in; so that's what I did. I didn't see Andrew so I went up to the cashier; she refunded my money! Then she threw out the uneaten opened can of cat food.

When I returned home I had lunch then took a short nap before I had to take Chibi to the Cat Clinic. My throat was a little scratchy when I woke up, I thought it was because I might have had my mouth open while I was asleep. But I didn't have time to think much about it; I had to get Chibi to the vet. She saw Dr. Belcher today. Her throat is still swollen but her gimpy left leg is better; no limping at all. Dr. Belcher is giving her an antibiotic and continuing the prednisolone at a slightly higher level for 3 more weeks. They also took another blood sample to see whether her blood has improved over the last 2 weeks; results should be back tomorrow.



In the meanwhile, my throat was getting more sore. And I had a little tickle of a cough starting. I picked up some bags of salad. When I got home I took a shower, gargled with salt water, ate a salad then went to bundle up, lie down, & rest. I had a low grade fever of 100.7 degrees F.

One of the Friday 'errands' is the weigh-in. I do it in the morning after I use the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find that I had lost 0.7 pounds since Sunday! I met my goal of losing at least 1.0 pound over a 2 week period; I actually lost 1.4 pounds over that time period.

Last night when we were all out at dinner with Nikki, one of the four-legged roommates helped themselves to some cat treats that were on the kitchen counter. From the size of the teeth marks I suspect it was S'mores; they were tiny bites & tears but she did manage to open the bag. It appears that she is partial to salmon.
Full of little teeth marks.
She didn't think much of this flavor.
Let's see them get in here without opposable thumbs!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Maxine! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo on 39 years to Uncle Howie & Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment