Sunday, January 27, 2019

Life Goes On

On the way up I passed Kelly & Abby, they were near the entrance to Maunalani; by the time I started they were long gone. But I did see Steph as I was doing my lap around the circle, she asked if I had seen Lorraine on the way up; I hadn't. But I did run in to her by the park; she said she started later since it was dark & windy. When I ran across Steph on Lurline, she said to tell Lorraine she was going down the street with the great view of Diamond Head & since she walked a lot slower than Lorraine she would probably catch up to her. I gave Lorraine the message when I passed her up near the top of Lurline; wonder if they connected up today?
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Six minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad only ate a bite of scrambled eggs and a couple of pieces of papaya and drank about half his supplements for breakfast this morning.

The mid-morning walk was a little warmer than the morning walk. As I was going past the Mau'umae Trailhead I saw a van that I have seen there a couple times before, it belongs to the Honolulu Korean Hikers Club; never knew such a club existed. I also saw Rodney doing some yardwork and Koa & Kuma snoozing along the gate. Later I stopped to play with Abby for a little bit; I think she wouldn't leave me alone when I was working on the irrigation on Wednesday since she knew something was bothering me. She wouldn't get her frisbee for me today, she only wanted to lick me & have me pet her; she helped make me feel a little better.



Lunch today was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes with gravy, Steamed green beans, Tossed salad, Blond brownie, and Potato chowder. Dad ate all of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and about half of his supplements.


The afternoon walk was not any warmer than the mid-morning walk due to the overcast sky and steady breeze. I found a flattened centipede on my way in to the Maunalani parking lot; I think I am missing some of the flattened fauna since I am doing the eBird Checklist Challenge I need to look up more than down.



No comments:

Post a Comment