Sunday, January 13, 2019

Another Sick Day

I was feeling better today but still had a pretty raw throat, though I was less feverish than yesterday. In fact, I got up out of bed earlier than yesterday. I started my eBird checklist about 4:30, about an hour earlier than yesterday. There was enough direct sunlight on all rooftops and treetops I could see during the 30 minutes I was observing birds.
Red-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus cafer).
Spotted Dove (Streptopelia chinensis).

As I was going back in I had to walk past The Potential Most Favorite Roommates' collection of succulents. He has decorated some of them and his Tillandsia sp. is blooming. His Aloe barbadensis also has a flower spike forming.
Possible Stapelia sp.
Numerous succulents.
Pink Quill (Tillandsia cyanea).
Developing flower stalk on Aloe barbadensis.

I changed up dinner tonight. I used some of my down time to go through some of the frozen things we bought from Kokua Market back in November. I put the wraps and salmon fillets in "Best by" date order; I found one which had a tear in the wrapper. I had that for dinner tonight.
Functional Breakfast  Burrito.

While watching the news tonight it the winter storm looked like it was covering Virginia where Suzanne is. I texted her to see how they were doing; she sent me a few photos and said that they were doing okay right now.
Looking up towards the house. (Photo by Suzanne)
Looking towards the forested area from the house. (Photo by Suzanne)
Close-up of snow-covered trees. (Photo by Suzanne)

This evening DT sent a text to the Roommates group MMS. It said, "So in fun random news. I went to the bathroom, lifted the toilet seat up and Smorsie [sic] ran up out of nowhere and accidentally jumped right into the toilet. So if you see her tonight and she is soaking wet that is why..." I did see her a little later, but by then only her tail was a little wet.

There is a new Manu-o-Ku intern that will be arriving on Thursday. Elena is from Switzerland and speaks multiple languages. She will only be with us for about a week while Patrick sets up her housing with the US Fish & Wildlife Service; right now the Federal shutdown means no one is in the USFWS office to coordinate the use of their bunkhouse for Elena.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Tomiko! Also Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment