Thursday, January 10, 2019

Vegan Hills

Nikki leaves next Tuesday so we took her out to dinner tonight. It was the only night before she leaves that we all returned to the house early enough and when Vegan Hills was open. Nikki had the Build Your Own Taco, DT had the Spicy Da Kalbi, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had the No Tuna Sandwich with Tomato Bisque, The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had the Crazy for Avo, and I had the Satori bowl. But we started with appetizers; Potato Gratin and What Not Chos?

Potato gratin.
What Not Chos.
Build Your Own Tacos. (Photo by Nikki)
Spicy Da Kalbi. (Photo by DT.)
No Tuna with Tomato Bisque. (Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate)
Crazy for Avo. (Photo by The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes)
Satori Bowl.

And we had to try dessert, even though we were all quite full.  There was only one slice left; we got 5 forks. It took 3 minutes from start to finish.
Forgot to take a picture before we started.
The end is near.
All Pau!

My morning walk was very pleasant, the breezes have returned! I hope they stick around throughout the day. I have noticed that the Common Mynas (Acridotheres tristis) are always in the African tulip tree (Spathodea campanulata) near the park; they look like they are getting nectar from the large flowers. I did a little research and found that they do feed on nectar! Today I also saw Red-vented Bulbuls (Pycnonotus cafer) in the same tree, appearing to do the same thing.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
There are several Common Mynas and Red-vented Bulbuls at the very top of the African Tulip Tree.

While doing my cool down stretches, I could hear a cardinal singing quite close by. I couldn't figure out which of the cardinals it was. Then I saw it, so I listened for a while to try to get the song set in my memory. It was a male Northern Cardinal.


When I do my cool down stretches in the morning, the night shift nurses and CNAs are getting in their cars and leaving. This morning some of them stopped to take a group photo at the covered viewpoint. I took photos with their cameras then asked for one for me so I can begin to remember them.


Dad only had 1 bite of scrambled egg this morning. He also was only given the Breeze 'juice' this morning, he finished that off.

The mid-morning walk was a little bit more breezy than the morning walk. I saw LaVie and Kila talking to a runner at the bus stop. LaVie was also showing her one of the tricks that Kila does. Later I saw a Kolea on Lurline.

Kila eating the treat that was sitting on her paw. I missed the before photo.
Kolea on Lurline.

Lunch today was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian vegetable blend, Garden salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup. This is the replacement tray, the kitchen says they sent down 3 guest trays to our floor but mine appears to have never made it. It's missing the salad and soup. Dad ate half of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich for 25%; he drank only about half of his Plus and none of the Breeze.


The afternoon walk was like the mid-morning walk only a little hotter. I saw a bunch of birds but couldn't get any good photos.


When I returned from my walk, Curtis was getting Dad in to the wheelchair; Chin was going to lead the residents in exercises and play the Korean taiko drum for them. I told them I would join them after my cool down stretches.

Because dinner was so late tonight in order to accommodate everyone's schedules, I ate a bag of salad with the remaining poke when I returned home to hold me over until 8 pm. The bag was about 520 calories.

Chibi seems to be putting up with the new kittens much better since The Roommates let Luna out. Luna keeps S'mores busy playing and also tires her out so she doesn't go after Chibi. And Luna is very respectful of Chibi so she doesn't annoy her.
L to R: S'mores, Luna, and Chibi.

I checked the Hoka One One website, they are now out of the blue Womens Tor Tech Mid Waterproof boot in size 6. I guess my next order will will have to be for the pink one; if they still have my size.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Bruce, Wayne, Jeff, Maria, Janeen, Jacque, & Erica!

No comments:

Post a Comment