Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Richieʻs Drive-Inn

After several weeks of not meeting for our Tuesday breakfast we went to Richie's this morning; the last 2 Tuesdays were Christmas & New Year's. We originally tried to go to Liliha Drive-Inn but it opens at 9 so that's too late for us. Fortunately Richie's Drive-Inn was just 5 minutes away. Curtis had the Breakfast Combo with luncheon meat and corned beef hash patty; I had the Breakfast with eggs over easy, Portuguese sausage and hash browns.

Breakfast Combo with Corned beef hash patty & luncheon meat. (Photo by Curtis)
Breakfast with over easy eggs, Portuguese sausage, & hash browns.
Mural across the alley from Richie's.
Accident on the way back to Curtis' house.

Dad had already finished his breakfast by the time I got up to Maunalani, his tray table was cleared away. So I don't know how much he ate or drank

Since we went to breakfast my first walk of the day was at mid-morning so I didn't see any of the regulars. There were scattered clouds and very little breeze today. When I did my cool down stretches I spent extra time scanning the treetops, especially the conifer-shaped Norfolk Island Pines, to see if I could spot a hawkish shape among them. I am hoping the Peregrine Falcon will stick around and eat the Rose-ringed Parakeets!


Lunch today was Chinese style steamed fish, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Almond float, and Chicken noodle soup. Obviously thatʻs not brown rice. Dad refused to eat any solids and hardly touched the supplements. He just slept. Maybe heʻs doing the snake-thing: sleeping while he digests his ʻbigʻ meal. I will have to pay attention to see if there is a pattern.


My afternoon walk was also under scattered clouds with barely any breeze. Another of the areas of tall grasses with seeds for the Yellow-fronted Canaries and the Common Waxbills has been mowed. There are only a couple areas for them now; at one of those areas I saw about 60 Yellow-fronted Canaries and about 30 Common Waxbills.


My new Hoka One Ones have arrived! These are to replace the ones I am using now when they wear out in about 3 months. The blue ones seem to have fewer sizes available but the pink ones donʻt seem to be as popular. My next pair might have to be pink.
Womens Tor Tech Mid Waterproof.

I decided to do salads for dinner with some protein. Fortunately at both Times and Foodland the area where they keep the bagged salads is right next to the poke bar! Tonight I also had some ice cream with my salad and poke.
Total 560 calories.
180 calories per 1/2 cup serving.

S'mores and Luna seem to be getting along, they were playing with each other and chasing each other around the house this evening. Chibi has been spending a lot of her time out in the cat run; Luna also doesn't know how to use the cat door.


Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo to Pam & Dennis for 47 years together! This is also my last official day of work 3 years ago; I misspoke (miswrote?) on the 4th that that was my last day. That was actually the last day I physically 'worked'; I had 4 vacation days after that, making the 8th my last official day as a county employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment