Saturday, January 12, 2019

Sick Day

I think the fever broke sometime early this morning; but I was feverish on & off for most of the day. When I was feeling better I was making trips to the kitchen to hydrate & the bathroom to de-hydrate. I did not go to Maunalani today, not even for walking.
My view for most of the day.

Last night, while feverish, I heard some large vehicle noises outside my bedroom window and flashing lights lit up my room. It was a fire truck parked by our driveway. Across the street the lights were out and the house on the opposite corner was also dark. I couldn't see Jamie's house so I couldn't tell if the activity was there. Maybe they were at the Kong's house; I can't see their house from my bedroom. Never did find out what was going on; they left about 15 minutes later. 


Since I am doing the eBird Checklist-a-day Challenge I sat out by the front door for about half an hour and noted what birds I saw at about 5 when I was feeling more active. I saw 19 birds from 7 different species.
My view for birding today.
Three Rose-ringed Parakeets flew through while I was birding.

One of the side effects of being sick is that I got 8 hr 41 min of sleep last night according to my Fitbit.  Earlier in the week the most sleep I had gotten was 5 hr 43 min. And during the past month I was getting an average of 4 hrs 39 min of sleep. That's probably why I got sick; my body is trying to tell me to take a break!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment