Monday, January 21, 2019

Elena's New Do

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate gave Elena a haircut this evening. She had been wanting to cut her hair since she arrived and today she said that was all she was thinking about as she walked around. So after dinner he gave her a pixie haircut and she loves it!
Before.
After.
Sʻmores tries to help.

I am still under the weather, but getting better. Both the sore throat and the cough are getting better; in fact the sore throat is almost gone right now. I hope they are gone tomorrow.

The weather today was wonderful, the morning walk was dry but cool; the moon was still out. I saw Steph by the park, we walked down to where she turned off to head back down to her house. Later I saw Kelly as he was leaving for work. As I was doing my cool down stretches Ken walked by again.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Thirteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.


At one point on my walk I saw a pair of birds land in a tree out of the corner of my eye; I tried to figure out what they were. Originally I thought they might be Red-vented Bulbuls but I was looking at them from below so their brightly colored butts should have been very apparent but I did not see any red. I finally figured out what they were when one of them turned its head and I could see the yellow around its eye.
This is what Common Myna butts look like from below.

The memorial for Kristie's dad was this morning. I went and sat in the back so if my coughing got disruptive I could easily step outside until it passed. I also skipped the luncheon afterwards.

One of the things we are working on with the kittens is to get them to use the Cat Genie automatic litter box. I have seen S'mores in the basin but she was too small to trigger the motion sensor; but that won't matter as long as the other cats are using it, too. Today Luna was very interested in watching it when it started up.


It was a good thing I was coughing too much to go to Maunalani; The Roommates needed to take Luna to the vet but were delayed in getting home in time to get her. They called and I loaded Luna up and took her to the vet; they met me there and took her in. I was relieved that she was so easy to load in to her carrier. I heard later that she was okay for the first couple of things they did for her exam but after the blood draw she bit one of the technicians.


I texted Nikki after hearing on the news that there was a lot of snow and more on its way to the midwest and east coast. She said they had 3 inches on the ground in Michigan and tonight it is supposed to go down to -10! She sent that tonight right after the weather man said he knows that it is getting cold here when his mother puts on a sweater when it gets down to 75 degrees!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Sheryl & Maki-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment