Saturday, January 19, 2019

When One Door Closes

Last night The Roommates when out for a late snack; their kittens wanted to go, too. But they had to wait at the back door for them to return. They stayed about 10 minutes then got bored and walked away. As soon as they heard the car pull in to the driveway they were at the door again!
L to R: S'mores, Luna.

This morning I was a little late in starting due to the precipitation; I waited in the car for a few minutes to see if it was going to get heavier or if it was going to go away. It slowed down so I got out and started my walk. I almost immediately ran in to Steph & Lorraine who were finishing up their lap around the circle. Steph had e-mailed me yesterday but I had not seen it yet; she need to reschedule our lunch next Wednesday. Which was fine with me; Curtis & I had switched shifts so I could do the lunch so now we would go back to the regular shift.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Before I had started my walk, I texted Kelly about dropping by to get the new measurements for the drip irrigation system for the hapuʻu. He had texted me the evening before saying the faucet I had shown on the plan was non-functional & I had to use the one in the yard. Just as I was coming up the hill he responded saying he was now awake & I could drop in; I was about 3 minutes away. We had a great discussion about where & how to run the line and timing for the removal of the invasive fern & planting of the hapuʻu. I also got to meet his girlfriend Jen who came to drop off her dogs. Kelly had a great suggestion; I could install most of the irrigation system before his yard guys did the removal & replanting, then do the final hook-up on the day they planted the hapuʻu or shortly after that. We'll get together next Wednesday afternoon to do that; it replaces my lunch with Steph as my activity for the day!

Like yesterday, I got back home and took another long nap to recharge. And spent a bunch of time coughing again! This is getting boring! In fact, I was so bored today I decided to teach S'mores how to ride on the Deebot robot vacuum cleaner; today I got her to sit on it for about 5 seconds while it was moving so I think I will be able to get her to ride on it. My goal will be to get her to get on it on command while it is moving.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Bo & Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment