Saturday, January 5, 2019

Koa & Kuma

I met Koa & Kuma a couple of weeks ago along with their human Raymond. I really haven't seen them since then but I did today; I went up to the fence to say hello. They are very friendly to people. Koa has brown eyes, Kuma has blue eyes.


My morning walk was sometimes breezy but always nice and cool; I hardly sweat this morning. I saw Lorraine twice, once on Sierra and once on Lurline. She had seen Steph before we first passed each other on Sierra; I never saw Steph today since I was a little late.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad had finished about half his supplements before I got to his room; he had not touched his eggs yet. I was able to get him to eat a couple bites of his scrambled egg and finish all his supplements.

The mid-morning walk was under sunny skies with a nice breeze to keep me cooler. I saw 3 people getting ready to hike the Mauʻumae Trail; I should have asked them if they knew anything about the bench and how far it really was from the trailhead. And also if I could get out to that area in shorts without my legs getting cut up by sharp plants; they looked more likely to know about that than the group I saw during my morning walk. The morning group looked like several models and a photographer doing a photo shoot; a couple of the models had cosmetic bags that they were hauling out of the car to take on the hike!


I think I figured out what the agave is that is in bloom. It appears to be Agave attenuata.


When I got back from changing, Maurice was waiting to get on the elevator as I was getting off; he was there to deliver a present from his mother, Mrs. Tanaka. She had gone back to Kona for the holidays and got back on Wednesday. Maurice said she enjoyed it and didn't want to return to Maunalani, which is understandable. He said he told his brother he created the situation so he needed to handle it. I stopped in before I left to thank her.


Lunch today was Sweet Dijon basa, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. They used a different sauce on the basa today; it was like a honey mustard barbecue sauce. Dad ate half of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and all of the Mandarin orange cake; I gave him credit for 75%. He drank about 3/4 of the Plus and about 2/3 of the Breeze.


Activities CNA Immanuel came by with calendars for the residents; but I had already bought one for Dad. And anyway Immanuel had no fish calendars; Susie thought there was one in the bunch of calendars but they couldn't find it.

The afternoon walk started out breezy and stayed that way for most of my walk.


I have been using my old Hoka One Ones for a few days over 3 months or about 400 miles of walking. In that time I have worn the tread enough that it was beginning to affect the stability of my knees. Hereʻs the difference between the old and new treads.
The new pair are on the left; old ones on the right.

A box arrived today; none of us had ordered anything. But then I remembered a few days ago Anne and I had been texting late at night; she was reading the blog. She ended by saying it was almost midnight & she was going to sleep. Then a couple days later she forwarded me a note from Amazon saying 1 item would be shipped to me with guaranteed delivery by today. It was a hat; apparently she had read the caption on the selfie about needing a new one. The material keeping the brim from flopping down on my old hat had disintegrated. I plan on using the new one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment