Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Moke's Bread & Breakfast

For Tuesday morning breakfast we went to the Moke's Bread & Breakfast that just opened up in Kaimukī last week; the main one is in Kailua. Their menus are slightly different with the Kaimukī one serving less of their signature items. Curtis had the Koʻolau Omelette; I had the Mokapu Omelette.



Koʻolau Omelette. (Photo by Curtis)
Mokapu Omelette.

They had 3 photos of Lēahi on the wall that is in the direction towards Lēahi; at sunrise, midday, and sunset. They also had a really cool painting of a heliconia where iʻiwi were in place of each of the flower bracts.

While at breakfast, I showed Curtis the flyer advertising the sale of the house next door. We think that house was built at the same time by the same person that built the original house that was on Dad's lot because they had the same floor plan & construction materials. We had lived in it for a few months when Dad's current house was being built. The remodeling & staging that has been done is amazing! It makes it look like a brand new house on the inside; though we did notice that they had 2 different photos of the kitchen at different times. Perhaps they tried to sell it previously but were unsuccessful. They have not done much to the outside except paint it. We think that most of the info in the flyer is correct, however, the one about, "Spacious yard, perfect for entertaining, BBQ's, and pets" is stretching it quite a bit. The yard is used for parking by the renters; its the only place they can park.
The red roof seen through the windows on the left is Dadʻs house.
Red circle is current kitchen; blue circle is older kitchen.

There was much less breeze during my morning walk; I didn't see any of the regulars. And since I cut my cool down stretches short so I could be back home in time for Curtis to pick me up for breakfast, I didn't see anyone during my stretches. But I did see Lynnette as I was leaving Maunalani.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Service at Moke's was a little slower than some other places so by the time I got home it would be walking time when I got to Maunalani. So I did. During the mid-morning walk I saw Mike & Wilts as they were on their way up from the park. They were the only regulars that I saw.


The uppermost block of Wilhelmina Rise was closed off as Hawaiian Telephone was doing work down at the bottom end of the block. I saw one of the workers turn away a person who wanted to turn down Wilhelmina Rise; she apparently didn't know that she could take Sierra to go down the hill!



Dad was asleep when I got in. He woke up just before lunch asking for water. He quickly ate his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and finished off all of his cake. He also drank 120 ml of apple juice & 60 ml water. I skipped lunch since breakfast ended later than usual and I was still feeling quite full; I have no idea what I missed.


I ended up skipping the afternoon walk; Dad was awake when I got back to his room after applying sunscreen & changing in to my UPF shirt. He was confused about the time and had a bunch of questions so I stayed and talked with him. I waited for him to fall asleep and I fell asleep, too!

For dinner I ate the pizza that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made for me on Saturday. It replaces the bad salad that I had to throw out last night. Since I skipped lunch I think my carbs might still be below 50 g for today. I really do have to figure out how to get the videos off my phone so that I can upload an app to track my carbs.

I think Sʻmores and Luna are going to like it when The Roommates rebuild the cat run and allow them out there. This evening they spent a bunch of time watching the Red-vented Bulbuls that were trying to get to the strawberries.
S'mores focusing on the bulbuls; she's going to like being out in the cat run!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Maire, Pat, Eric, & Roxanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment