Saturday, April 6, 2019

Short Attention Span

The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes came home late last night, around 10 o'clock news time, with his fast food dinner. He ate it and intended to take his trash out when he left later that night. We found it this morning on the floor when he came back to drop things off; fortunately Luna had not torn it apart. He intended to take it out on the way to his Japanese class this morning; this is as far as it got. I put it in the trash so Luna wouldn't be tempted again.


I tried to get out of bed this morning when my Fitbit alarm went off at 5:21. Well, technically, I guess I did get out of bed, but just barely. I got out long enough to find that my recovery from yesterday's exertion was progressing very sloooooooowly. I had just enough energy to do my cranberry juice-collagen-fiber morning drink & use the bathroom. Then I went back to sleep. For me, sleep is one of the best things to manage a fibro flare up.

When The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes came home later this morning I woke up again. Now that I was more awake, I was wondering if this longer recovery time is actually more a result of the 'keto flu' than the fibromyalgia? I think I am starting to go in to ketosis; during my weigh-in yesterday morning I found that I had lost 2.2 pounds over the last week. The only other change was doing only 1 dinner but previously with that strategy I would only lose about 1 pound a week. I still have the headache from yesterday which I thought was from being a little dehydrated after working in the sun on the south side of the house. Although it may have gone away yesterday evening & I just didn't notice; but its back now. I drank more water and the worst of the headache went away by noon, but there was a little bit left in the early afternoon.

Today was a bad day to try to sleep in. There was some work going on next door at the house on the side by my bedroom. They started around 8 in the morning with a very loud compressor out in the yard; they were spray painting the interior of the upstairs apartment. When they were outside putting things away they were talking very loud. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, I was so tired I fell asleep once I got used to the noise and was able to get more rest. They left about 2 pm.

For lunch I ate DT's last turkey wrap. That's what he usually eats for dinner; there was one left since he had salmon quiche on Thursday night. He said it would be bad by Monday so it needed to be eaten by someone this weekend while he was away.


In order to keep my eBird checklist a day streak going, I dragged myself out of bed in the afternoon. I was going to sit outside like before but couldn't find the outdoor chairs; they got moved in preparation for the painting next week. So I sat in the living room and looked out the picture window. I had a little company; S'mores sat with me. At least for a few minutes, then she got  bored & left.
My birding view.
S'mores' birding view; we call it cat TV.

For dinner I had a salad as usual; tonight it was a Taylor Farms Southwest Chopped Kit. The bag says there are 3.5 servings per bag; I eat the whole thing. So I am getting a total of 525 calories, with 24.5g carbohydrates (total carbs minus fiber carbs), 38.5g fat, 14g protein, and 560mg sodium. It says the kit contains green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, pepitas, green onions, tortilla strips, cilantro, and creamy cilantro dressing. I ate it along with an Applegate Organics Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage. Each sausage contains 150 calories, with 1g carbohydrates, 8g fat, 12g protein, and 760mg sodium. I like the amount of carbs, fats, & protein it has & I also like the taste of it.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Nora & Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment