Sunday, April 28, 2019

Third Time Is Not the Charm

After 3 days of heavy lifting my body decided to go on strike. I was unable to get out of bed easily this morning; everything seemed like it hurt. And it was a real pain not a fibromyalgia pain. How do I know it was real? Because it was consistent with the parts of my body I used when working with the concrete blocks these last couple of days and my suitcase yesterday. I Googled and found that those concrete blocks weigh about 40 pounds each, or 35% of my body weight. And at the airport yesterday, my suitcase weighed in at 48 pounds (42%). Which means on Thursday I moved at least 560 pounds, on Friday 1,120 pounds, and on Saturday 384 pounds. I need to do some upper body weight training to get in to better shape.

Besides being very stiff and sore, I also slept a lot today. I woke up around 10 this morning, drank some water, then went back to sleep. It was past noon when I got up again, ate a Field Roast sausage, drank more water, then went back to sleep. In the afternoon I stayed up for about an hour, drank more water, ate some tamari sunflower seeds, then went back to sleep. My body felt less sore after each time I woke up; sleep is part of the healing process for me. I hope the fibromyalgia doesn't slow down my healing too much.

Luna might have been upset that I was not awake at my usual hour before sunrise. I found this when I woke up & went to the bathroom; it was not like that last night.


When I woke up about 5:30, I realized I had not birded for the day yet. I dragged myself out to the living room & watched through the window. I was doing pretty good for such an urban area. At one point I had 3 species in my field of view. Then it began to rain, like really rain. And they all left.
L to R: Spotted Dove, House Finch, & Red-vented Bulbul.

The kid with his dog across the street were the only ones who stuck around in the rain.

Tomorrow I will be able to sleep in a little longer, sunrise is later here than in Kohala. By about 5 minutes. Yay!

I gave The Roommates the automatic feeders; I have no use for them now. So they have been trying to get S'mores and Luna used to wearing collars. I found Luna's collar in the kitchen on one of my forays out of my room today. Then when I was birding I heard sounds of a different activity from S'mores; her lower jaw was caught on her collar and she was fighting to get it loose. I released the collar and she promptly turned around and swatted me. I think she was actually going after the collar because when I put it down she attacked it and fought with it for several minutes, until she was satisfied that it was no longer going to bother her.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Karyn, Cynthia, Andrea, & Kektadose!

No comments:

Post a Comment