Friday, April 12, 2019

Priming

Today the crew from Kolona worked on priming all the areas to be painted. Which meant  that windows and doors were covered over in plastic. I had run out to do a couple of errands and when I came back I couldn't get in! Actually, they took the plastic down and let me in the back door. Since they had finished the sliding door and removed the plastic over it, we decided that was the way in and out for the time being. There will be another crew here tomorrow to do the first coat of paint so they can end on schedule on Monday.
I put this up for The Potential Most Favorite Roommate who was still sleeping when they closed off the door.

Once again I did my morning walk as usual. The hāpuʻu was doing well. I didn't see any of the regulars on my walk but I saw Ken and LaVie as I left. But i shortened my cool down stretches to just the basic ones so I could be back before any of the painters got to the house. (I just barely beat Noah to the house; he pulled up as I was getting ready to cross the street.)
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sunrise on Sierra!

The gusty winds we have had yesterday and today created another widowmaker in the Norfolk Island pine on the sharp curve on Lurline. Based on my previous observations, I stayed on the opposite side of the street while walking through that area.


I found a dead Red-vented Bulbul. It looked like it had been hit by the truck and stuck to the grill before falling off when the truck parked. It was missing it's tail.



My errand involved going to the bank. It shares a parking lot with a bunch of eating establishments; one of which is EARL. I had a digital coupon from EARL for $2 off due to expire in 2 days; I decided to get a sandwich to go, if I got a positive sign from the Universe. How I decide whether I will stop in at EARL is by where I end up finding parking; if I park right near the bank, then I skip EARL. If I have to park closer to EARL, then I get a sandwich. Today the Universe decided I needed to redeem that coupon! At 10:30 in the morning the parking lot was fuller than normal; the nearest spot to the bank was about 3 stalls past EARL! I went in and ordered my sandwich before heading to the bank. I got the Italian because the woman behind the counter said it had the most meat of all their sandwiches. The sandwich was waiting for me when I returned and she was right! It was full of meat.

Lots of meat! But also lots of carbs; I still ate it.

I saved half the sandwich for dinner. I removed the meat and added it to my salad. I left the sauce soaked bread in the fridge for The Roommates.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Shawn! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #33 to Bo & Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment