Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Oh, No! It's All Wet!

As I approached the covered overlook where I do my cool down stretches in the morning that was my first thought when I saw that the sprinklers were on. But on closer inspection I saw that they had installed directional sprayer heads so it was only wind-blown moisture that I was seeing in the portions protected by the canopy. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken twice and Lori from the Dog Pack.



I heard the White Cockatoo calling again during my morning walk; I was near the lower end of the park again. But the sound seemed like it was coming from closer to Michael's house. While I was walking along the lower end of Lurline I met Steve; we had passed each other earlier on the circle, then ended up walking down Sierra at the same time. Near the top of Lurline I saw Wendy walking Mickey & Bella; she was wearing a safety vest, she's the only one up here that I have seen wearing one, even at night. Finally I saw Caroline & Olive just before I ended my walk.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
New house being built across from park.

Dad was in the Plumeria Dining Room when I arrived. He ate a couple bites out of his fried egg sandwich, a couple pieces of papaya, and all of his apple banana. He drank all 240 ml of his Breeze supplement. We went outside to look for Popokilani but couldn't find her; Dad didn't want to sit at the Wellness Center Courtyard today. He just wanted to go back to bed, so he did and promptly fell asleep.


Last year on this day, Dad was taken to the Straub Emergency Room because he had a high fever that they were unable to reduce with Tylenol. He was later transferred to Kaiser, and spent about 2 weeks in the ICU while they tried to control the sepsis before he returned to Maunalani. Curtis & I said he had used up the 2nd of his 9 lives!

I had to shorten my mid-morning walk today. I started out just a few minutes later than usual but forgot my phone so I had to go back; that made me quite a bit later. But I got to see therapy dog Toby dressed up as a spring flower. I skipped the circle portion and I did not bird so that I could move faster.
Chicken taking a dust bath.
Therapy dog Toby dressed up as a spring flower.

Even though I shortened both my walk & my cool down, my tray was already there when I got back to Dad's room. Lunch today was Honey ginger glazed chicken, Steamed rice, Pacific blend vegetables, Tossed salad, Layer cake, and French onion soup. Obviously that isn't French onion soup; I think it was cream of spinach. Dad ate all of his half peanut butter & jelly sandwich, 2 pieces of dessert, and drank 240 ml of the Breeze supplement.


I also cut my afternoon walk short so I could get to the post office in time to send the paperwork off to Kai. When I was on the lower end of Lurline I saw LaVie walking in the opposite direction, I have never seen her walking in the afternoon. She said she was busy earlier so was doing it then but was discouraged by the heat; she turned around and walked with me so I would motivate her to do a walk in the afternoon! Towards the end of the walk we saw Mike coming down the circle in the opposite direction.

This morning when I measured the 2nd frond that is developing on the hāpuʻu it was 10" tall. On my last walk yesterday afternoon it was only 8&3/4" tall; which means in about 15&1/2 hours it grew a little over an inch! By mid-morning it was 11".  I hope it continues to grow well.


I opened the lupini snack tonight. I'd probably eat them if there wasn't anything else to eat.

I started using the Fitbit calorie counter app again to help me keep track of my carb intake. It says 41% of my calories came from carbs, 43 from fat, and 16% from protein. It doesn't tell me how many grams of each I ate. I could do that manually by opening up each item I added. I think I will have to find a separate app to figure how many grams I eat of carbs; perhaps there is a keto app out there that I could use.

I saw another new cat on the circle this morning, this is #6. It was walking down a slope meowing. I think I am seeing more cats because I am walking earlier.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Debbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment