Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Visiting the Dentist

Late in the afternoon I went to my appointment with Dr. Azuma. I basically needed a cleaning so I was really going to see Lori the hygienist. Because I have been getting things stuck between my 2 back molars on the right side, I have been using floss picks at least every evening to get things out of my teeth; Lori said it showed. But she said I also needed to be less aggressive in that area because it was slightly irritated.


My morning walk was completely dry, though the weather looked threatening. It was also somewhat muggy, the nice trades we had yesterday dropped off and there was just a light breeze every so often. I saw Lynnette twice during my walk. As I was doing my cool down stretches I saw Ona walk by, Rio wasn't with her today. The cones on the Norfolk Island Pine are getting larger.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eighteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.


Jerry & William were already at the house when I returned from my walk shortly after 7 this morning.  The big question was whether it was going to rain; if it did, then painting would be delayed. As Jerry was getting ready to leave to start another job, it decided to drizzle so William started to prep the garage door which is completely sheltered. Then it stopped drizzling so he moved back to working on the remaining window & facia trim. About mid-morning things cleared up and got sunny. William finished about 3 in the afternoon.


Yesterday Shane Sato called; he is the author of The Go For Broke Spirit, a photo book celebrating the 442 veterans. When Dad first arrived at Maunalani last year, Shane was there taking photos for the second book about the 442 veterans; because Dad had to use the wheelchair Shane wasn't sure if he would be able to use any photos of him. He called yesterday to get some early war-related photos of Dad and a short story about him for the second book. I worked on that most of today because I needed to rescan photos; I had originally done them in png format, but Shane needed them in jpg format.
Photo shoot with Shane Sato, 03/20/2018.

For lunch I had a pineapple sausage wrapped in one thin-sliced piece of Dave's Killer Bread Powerseed.  For dinner I had my usual salad with a sausage.

I have been drinking coconut water when I return home after my walks on days that I donʻt go to Maunalani until the evening. Today I decided I needed to know how many carbs my coconut water contained; 11 g and no protein.
                                                       
Hauʻoli lā Hānau to The Lady in Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment