Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Feeling Better Today

It was much easier to get out of bed this morning. And the walk went a little faster today. I saw LaVie at the bus stop; she was headed to the bottom of the hill so she could walk back up. I also saw Ona & Rio along with her sister-in-law Carol; tomorrow Ona leaves for a trip to China! During my cool-down stretches I saw Ken and Steph walk by.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was just getting up when I got to his room; he did not want to get in to the wheelchair today. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich, half of the papaya, and all of the banana. He drank all of his apple juice and most of the water.

I skipped the mid-morning walk; Dad needed his diaper changed and I had pressed the call button. I don't like to leave without first talking to an aide about what he needs; he can't remember what he needs so he tells them to go away! They were a little busy today so no one came until about 15 minutes after I should have started my walk. No matter, I had a lot of things to take care of since I was gone last week.

One of the things I needed to do was call Terminix, the technician never showed up yesterday to do the inspection. I got a call center which was not helpful; they had no record of the initial appointment on 04/18 or the rescheduled one yesterday. The service rep asked me if I had made the appointment via their website or over the phone; I told her neither. I was called on the 18th & told the technician would be there in half an hour & he needed access to the inside of the house; I said, No, I'm not home. I asked the rep if maybe someone was using Terminix as a scam to get in to people's houses; she referred me to the local office to see what records they had. I called the local office, their phone tree kicked me out saying they were having technical difficulties and my call could not be completed! Aue!

Lunch today was Korean BBQ chicken, Brown rice, Sesame broccoli salad, Garden salad, Carmel cheesecake, and New England clam chowder. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and all of his dessert; then he ate half of my dessert also! He drank 120 ml of apple juice and 120 ml of water.


Dad was giving LPN Chivas a difficult time with his medications, so I stuck around to smooth things over. Then CNA Thalita & Chris came in with his therapy dog Polly, a beautiful collie; Dad pet her for a while. He was not as difficult after that. But by then the window of opportunity for my afternoon walk had closed.

Dinner today was Beef lasagna, Garlic bread, Italian mix vegetables, Peach shortcake, and Ham & bean soup. Even though the lasagna has carbs in it I ate it since my carb intake at breakfast & lunch were minimal; I passed on the garlic bread and cake and picked the bits of ham out of the soup. Dad ate half of his 1/2 tuna sandwich and 2 desserts. He drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


I had briefly considered walking after Dad went to sleep for the evening but decided I needed to take the carriers to Feather & Fur sooner rather than later, so skipped the walk. But when I got home I found out The Potential Most Favorite was making larb for dinner so I had a second dinner before heading off to Feather & Fur. Fortunately they are open 24/7 so I could drop by there any time. All the roommates decided they would go with me to see where Feather & Fur was. We ended up also going to 8&1/2 Desserts in Windward Mall for ice cream.
This is the larb; sorry no photos of ice cream.

As I noted after a previous trip, when I return I look to see if all the residents that I know are still around. Today I saw Uncle Larry, Mr. Watanabe, Mr. & Mrs. Omiya, Lori, Mrs. Tanji, Mrs. Shibuya, Mrs. Keliikipi, Mrs. Toyama, Mrs. Onoye, Mr. Miyahira, Mr. Crews, Mrs. Honjo, Mrs. Pang, Mr. Shiraki, Mr. Kam, Mrs. Higa, Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Okawa, Mr. Shinagawa, Mrs. Tanaka, and of course Dad's roommate Mr. Yamada. I noticed the name tags on the doors were still present for Mr. Kajihara, Mr. Kalaukoa, Mr. Izon, Mr. Kunisaki, and Mr. Ikuma. I still haven't seen Mrs. Akiyama, Mr.Asato, Mrs. Chong, Mr. Ikeda, Miss Kasahara, Mrs. Kusunoki, or Uncle Tony yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment